PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Headers for an '81 DeLo

thegodfather
06-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Does anyone have a set of headers lying around they wouldn't mind selling? I just wanted to check if anyone here has any for sell before i spend $696 at SpecialT.

SoCalDMC12
06-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Are you in a hurry? I'm having a Stage 1 installed in a couple of weeks, so my old headers will be available. PM me if interested.

dhaney
06-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Does anyone have a set of headers lying around they wouldn't mind selling? I just wanted to check if anyone here has any for sell before i spend $696 at SpecialT.

I'd also check with Josh at Delorean Performance industies, I know he does trades on stuff like this all the time and you may be able to get a good deal on the best set of headers currently available... His Spec I offering.

Dan

Delorean Industries
06-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Our system is on sale until the end of the month for 1895.00. Comes complete with everything for the install.

stevedmc
06-14-2011, 02:50 PM
I'd also check with Josh at Delorean Performance industies, I know he does trades on stuff like this all the time and you may be able to get a good deal on the best set of headers currently available... His Spec I offering.

Dan

I believe he offers some sort of discount if you send him your used exhaust/headers from one of his competitors. Instead of keeping the used parts in the community he brags about destroying them and hanging them on the wall at his shop.

dhaney
06-14-2011, 05:14 PM
I believe he offers some sort of discount if you send him your used exhaust/headers from one of his competitors. Instead of keeping the used parts in the community he brags about destroying them and hanging them on the wall at his shop.

I know that is not true... He will give you a good deal on a functional OEM system if that is what you want and I also KNOW of a case where he offered one of his customers a used Houston Stage I exhausts for a really cheap price because he had taken it in trade for his system and it was still functional.

It doesn't make much business sense to destroy perfectly fine parts... now if something is already trash... then no good/ethical business person would sell said part in the first place.

Check out the 14:07 mark of this video to hear the sound of a Spec I exhaust as it goes by. Note its not loud or obtrusive at all. It's also not a throaty V8 or a V12 but I don't think we will ever have a PRV sounding that good...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe3s81T2xdI&feature=youtu.be

Dan

DMCMW Dave
06-14-2011, 06:31 PM

I have an entire used Stage 1 exhaust available (selling for a customer). Original DMCH non-stainless version with flowmaster muffler. Was silver JetHot at one point, now more a combination of silver and rusty color. Solid. Headers, cats, muffler. Will not separate. Still partially assembled, i.e. cats and tailpipes attached to muffler. Includes all brackets. Does not include nuts, studs, gaskets etc. i.e. it's just like it came off the car. If you want cheap and loud this is it!

As-Is, where is, we can pack and ship (not in price). EMAIL dswingle(@)delorean.com for details/photos. Please do not PM. $400 firm.

Delorean Industries
06-20-2011, 05:20 PM

We just throw them in a big pile in the warehouse. Waiting for the price of scrap to come back up a little bit.

All joking aside we did cut off the ends of one system but as Dan suggested it had issues that made it no longer functional. (accident damage)
We have at least ten systems and none are for sale. Its counter productive for me to sell someone that when I can just sell them my own offering that I invested in producing.

In regards to the trade in. Yes we take stage I kits in on trade. Stainless or mild steel. How can we make money on this? We don't. I simply do it to put my products out there in the community and depending on the day of the week do not care about making money or loosing it for that matter.

Ryan King
06-21-2011, 02:16 AM
We just throw them in a big pile in the warehouse. Waiting for the price of scrap to come back up a little bit.

All joking aside we did cut off the ends of one system but as Dan suggested it had issues that made it no longer functional. (accident damage)
We have at least ten systems and none are for sale. Its counter productive for me to sell someone that when I can just sell them my own offering that I invested in producing.

In regards to the trade in. Yes we take stage I kits in on trade. Stainless or mild steel. How can we make money on this? We don't. I simply do it to put my products out there in the community and depending on the day of the week do not care about making money or loosing it for that matter.

How much do you normally tend to take off on a trade in?

Delorean Industries
06-21-2011, 10:14 AM
How much do you normally tend to take off on a trade in?

Enough to make it worth your while. When are you moving out this way? We can take care of it immediately.

Ryan King
06-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Enough to make it worth your while. When are you moving out this way? We can take care of it immediately.

I will be moving Saturday!