PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Fan fail light is always on but just went off...what could it mean?

uhhair
04-23-2012, 12:33 PM
So we have the fan fail modification that just leaves the fan fail light on all the time. It has been on since we purchased our car. However, over the weekend this light mysteriously went out. I know its not the bulb as it's an LED that is quite new. What would cause this light to suddenly go out? Does an unlit fan fail light mean that something has failed? I was thinking that due to the modification it might just work in reverse now...

Dracula
04-23-2012, 12:44 PM
I'd guess it's a bad ground to the bulb.

sean
04-23-2012, 12:56 PM
So we have the fan fail modification that just leaves the fan fail light on all the time. It has been on since we purchased our car. However, over the weekend this light mysteriously went out. I know its not the bulb as it's an LED that is quite new. What would cause this light to suddenly go out? Does an unlit fan fail light mean that something has failed? I was thinking that due to the modification it might just work in reverse now...

I'm not 100% which modification you have but maybe a fuse is blown if you are utilizing a series of fused jumpers. Can you post a pic of our mod?

Dangermouse
04-23-2012, 01:09 PM
My fan fail light is controlled by my Rear Defroster switch.

Obviously the connections at the bulbs are switched.

Must fix that one of these days......

jawn101
04-23-2012, 01:29 PM
My fan fail light is controlled by my Rear Defroster switch.

Obviously the connections at the bulbs are switched.

Must fix that one of these days......

Or you just put the bulb back in the wrong socket :) that's like a 5 second fix :)