PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Help removing Ducellier alternator 2-wire connector

shortcircuit971
04-25-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm pulling the original Ducellier alternator out and want to clean it up before I put it back in. It works and I've lowered loads (new radiator fans, tested starter, cleaned grounds and power, new battery) so I'm gonna keep using it for now. I got everything removed except for the two-wire plastic connector near the top back of the alternator when mounted in the car. How can I remove this connector with breaking it? Pictures of the plug itself disconnected and how it clips on would help too. Thanks.

mluder
04-25-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm pulling the original Ducellier alternator out and want to clean it up before I put it back in. It works and I've lowered loads (new radiator fans, tested starter, cleaned grounds and power, new battery) so I'm gonna keep using it for now. I got everything removed except for the two-wire plastic connector near the top back of the alternator when mounted in the car. How can I remove this connector with breaking it? Pictures of the plug itself disconnected and how it clips on would help too. Thanks.

I recently replaced mine with a new alternator from DMCH. I think i ended up cutting the wires because I too couldn't get it apart and I was replacing it anyway. Now that it's off the car I can take a look at it and get some pics if I can figure it out. It will probably be late tonight before I can get to it.

Cheers,
Steve

shortcircuit971
04-26-2012, 06:38 PM
I ended up cutting the wires too. I found that the clips on both sides need to be spread apart, but on mine the spade connectors were corroded to the terminals which is why it wouldn't budge. Those two wires were really short as well so I soldered on 3" extensions of 10 gauge which gives it a little more wiggle room.