PDA

View Full Version : Frame & Body Attaching Trim Underneath Rear Windscreen

lazabby
04-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Regarding the trim underneath the rear windscreen, the one where the rear interior light goes, is this trim attached only via the hooks that hold in the vertical back panel? When everything is installed that trim seems to sag some. I'm wondering if the screws holding the hooks (for the net) are not screwed tight enough or whether there is something else that makes the trim fit snug.

WelmoedJ
04-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Regarding the trim underneath the rear windscreen, the one where the rear interior light goes, is this trim attached only via the hooks that hold in the vertical back panel? When everything is installed that trim seems to sag some. I'm wondering if the screws holding the hooks (for the net) are not screwed tight enough or whether there is something else that makes the trim fit snug.

The trim is also kept in place by some Velcro strips (left and right hand side near the curve in the window) and in the middle.
The Velcro part on the body probably lost its glue.

john 05141
04-26-2012, 04:36 AM
I have the same, no matter how good I try, I can not seem to get this thing installed right. But I noticed most deloreans have this. I have the velcro too like Welmoed says, but the tention is too high, they will never hold. I can easity put my fingers between the window and this trim.

John

lazabby
04-28-2012, 08:26 PM
I pulled off the trim. Some of the velcro had lost the sticky backing. I reapplied spray glue and reattached the velcro and let it dry. I replaced the trim today and it looks like it is firmly in place. It looks much better. Now if I can only remember how the wires plugs into the rear interior light so that it will work.

jawn101
04-29-2012, 09:56 PM
I pulled off the trim. Some of the velcro had lost the sticky backing. I reapplied spray glue and reattached the velcro and let it dry. I replaced the trim today and it looks like it is firmly in place. It looks much better. Now if I can only remember how the wires plugs into the rear interior light so that it will work.

http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/courtsey-light.jpg

lazabby
04-30-2012, 08:08 AM
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/courtsey-light.jpg

Thanks for the photo. It worked. Also, I was able to fit the light into the hole. Before, when the trim didn't fit well, the light wouldn't stay in the hole but simply hung by the wires. One more thing to check off the (never ending, it seems) list.