PDA

View Full Version : video clips for a project

Farrar
05-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I am working on a video project for my English class. As you can see, the camera guy (not me) had very shaky hands. This is a demonstration of the video stabilizer I am using.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX4rgOIFQdU

dvonk
05-01-2012, 07:54 PM
nice, it makes quite a difference!

nofear365
05-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Great work!

I never leave the house without my monopod if I'm shooting video. A simple 30 dollar monopod can make all the difference in the world!

Farrar
05-01-2012, 08:31 PM
I never leave the house without my monopod if I'm shooting video. A simple 30 dollar monopod can make all the difference in the world!

Actually, I have a nice tripod, but the cameraguy insisted that he shoot everything with his hands. "Shaky cam" is en vogue now, but I really hate it and can't wait for it to go away again. Unfortunately, in order to get decent video I had to borrow a friend's camera, and I am unqualified to operate it. :lol:

nofear365
05-02-2012, 09:28 AM
I have a nice tripod myself. For me the convenience of a fold-able monopod makes be bring it wherever I go.

My issue with tripods is that the videos tend to be "too stable" if that makes sense. Makes it look a little boring in my opinion. The monopod gives great stability acting as a platform for the camera. However, your fore and aft motions are free allowing complete sway left at right. Gives the video a little more exitement.

Ever notice that most modern shows these days have a degree of shakiness now?

Farrar
05-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Ever notice that most modern shows these days have a degree of shakiness now?

Yes. This is what I was complaining about. I have seen entire films done in shaky-cam, and they make me ill.

I guess it depends on what generation you're from. :shrug: