PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Warm up regulator: opened it up, things popped out! Oops

1batt4u
06-07-2012, 03:37 AM
Hi all,

I opened up the warm up regulator, I just wanted to see if the gasket was in good condition, but the other half came apart, and things popped out!

I think I put it back together correct!!

anyone have pictures to post, which order things go in???

Thank you!!

82DMC12
06-07-2012, 08:22 AM
You are in luck! I opened one up a couple weeks ago.

http://img.tapatalk.com/a6fae108-9cf7-ffb8.jpg

1batt4u
06-08-2012, 01:15 AM
I was hoping for a picture with the 2 springs and other part, and pin, make sure they were put in correct!

Thank you!

WelmoedJ
06-08-2012, 01:06 PM
If it's only the parts like the pin, dish and springs:

- The pin goes into the dimple in the dish (only one side possible)
- The disk rests on top of the bi-metal arm
- The free side of the pin goes into the dimple in the in the metal plate with the four screws
- The 2 springs go into each other and then onto the dish

Now you're ready to put the bottom to the top of the CPR.

BTW: If you have it open, unscrew the for screws and take the metal plate out.
In the metal plate there's a hole in which a kind of piston rests (this piston presses the membrane when needed to reduce or increase the control pressure).
Underneath the plate there is a metal membrane, gently lift it and you will see a O-ring seal (leave it if it's not damaged, otherwise: replace).
The two holes underneath the are connected to the fuel lines for the control pressure.
You may have observed a filter at the fuel line's banjo side.
You can either blow it clean with compressed air or remove it.
Also blow the other hole to get it cleaned.

While in there, look at the wiring of the heater element: damaged? Replace or cover with shrink wrap.

Socal_dmc
06-15-2012, 03:59 AM
Great write up, thanks. I was in there tonight and I took apart the WUR and reassembled. Sprayed some PB Blaster into the screen to clean out any particles. Then assembled out back on the engine and connected the fuel lines. When I went to start the engine, as I primed the fuel pump I noticed gas squirting out of the 2 lines that connect on top of the WUR. It looked like out was coming out of the small one more than the bigger line.

Anyone experienced this before? Do i need a new WUR? Thanks.

WelmoedJ
06-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Great write up, thanks. I was in there tonight and I took apart the WUR and reassembled. Sprayed some PB Blaster into the screen to clean out any particles. Then assembled out back on the engine and connected the fuel lines. When I went to start the engine, as I primed the fuel pump I noticed gas squirting out of the 2 lines that connect on top of the WUR. It looked like out was coming out of the small one more than the bigger line.

Anyone experienced this before? Do i need a new WUR? Thanks.

Most obviously you either have not tightened the bolts properly or forgot to/did not use copper washers (not crush washers!).
Did you install the fuel lines on the WUR using new copper washers?
If so, did you tighten them properly?

Socal_dmc
06-15-2012, 12:35 PM
Yea, used the same washers and tightened it down as far as it could go....same as i had done several times before.

David T
06-15-2012, 01:14 PM
The copper seals get work hardened and won't crush enough to make a good seal. You can anneal them to soften them or just get some more, new ones. Or it is possible you didn't out them in correctly, or they dropped and fell out as you were installing them. Be careful to avoid the temptation to overtorque the hollow bolts to stop the leaks. They will break. Take the connections apart and check the positioning of the seals and if there is any dirt causing the leaks.
David Teitelbaum

Yea, used the same washers and tightened it down as far as it could go....same as i had done several times before.