PDA

View Full Version : Why does the Delorean on the right look so much better then the one on the left?

nimaside
06-19-2012, 11:14 AM
I mean the Delorean on the left looks almost ugly and dis-configured compared to the one on the right. I can't figure if it's a mix of the lights being crooked, the car not being dropped as low, the fascia being not as straight, the one on the right has a gas flap:approve:, or what? Maybe it's just a bad photo.

The one on the right looks just perfect. I noticed the one on the left...you cant quite see the windshield wiper. Maybe the trunk isn't pushed all the way down. That's probably an angle issue.

I don't quite know but, I ruled out that it's just that the one on the right looks cleaner(as in washed and more polished).
Maybe some Deloreans are just better looking then others.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j50/nimoxp/544869_346475762075071_702748250_n.jpg

Dangermouse
06-19-2012, 11:22 AM
I think the one on the right has a recently blended hood as well as new headlights and a more recently painted fascia.

Mark D
06-19-2012, 12:03 PM
To my eye they both look about the same.

The thing I first noticed though was the brightness of the headlights of the one on the right compared to the darker ones on the left. Could be age, or just the angle at which the sun is hiting them.

DMCMW Dave
06-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Lined vs non-lined hood plays with your eyes too.

tjd
06-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Lined vs non-lined hood plays with your eyes too.

Agreed

Also the car on the right looks semi polished.

mluder
06-19-2012, 01:03 PM
I have noticed that every car I've run accross "looks" different. The satinless is a slightly different color or the engine bay looks cleaner on one than another even though both are stock. I think that the nature of the production of our cars allowed for tremendous variety.

Cheers.
Steve

nimaside
06-19-2012, 01:14 PM
I think the one on the right has a recently blended hood as well as new headlights and a more recently painted fascia.

Yeah, the recently painted fascia seems to make a huge difference. Cause like others have said already, lines make a difference. The one on the left looks like the fascia is the exact same color and mixes in with the trunk, which I think makes it kinda ugly. while the one on the right is very noticeably separate with the different color. The trunk lines as others mentioned do make a difference.

Thanks, I'm not sure if that's the whole reason, but when looking at it as you'll describe I do notice why I see a difference.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I see more of the windshield on the right Delorean, which also makes it look nicer. Almost as if the trunk is more tilted on the car to the left covering some of the windshield.

tjd
06-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I see more of the windshield on the right Delorean, which also makes it look nicer. Almost as if the trunk is more tilted on the car to the left covering some of the windshield.

It's not just you I see what your saying there.

dvonk
06-19-2012, 01:43 PM
it would be interesting to see how the photo looked if the DeLoreans immediately switched places and the photo was taken again. angle and lighting can mess with perception sometimes...

Grover
06-19-2012, 05:12 PM
The one on the right looks like it is lowered, giving a different stance from the front. I took a picture side by side with another member from the DMA, and the different just from the ride height actually changes the entire of look of the car in my opinion.

tjd
06-19-2012, 05:44 PM
The one on the right looks like it is lowered, giving a different stance from the front. I took a picture side by side with another member from the DMA, and the different just from the ride height actually changes the entire of look of the car in my opinion.

They both look lowered to me. Maybe the one on the right has a full tank of gas?

sdg3205
06-19-2012, 05:58 PM
The one on the right also has a silver radiator grill. I've found these make the cars look lower as OEM black ones often give me the perception of lost space under the bumper.