PDA

View Full Version : Frame & Body front facia

jfirios
06-20-2012, 01:10 AM
Well, it was bound to happen, I was 50 yards from my house turning onto my street when a punk in a black car, skirting traffic hit my front facia and kept going. Luckily the damage was done, I believe to just the facia. It seems that he clipped the DMC grill which popped off and pushed into the drivers side HL unit. The facia has some breaks behind the Grill, but it still popps back into place. The HL are toast and the buckets need to be replaced. Along with the turn signals.
I dont know if I can just readjust the Facia and replace the HL units or should i get the new Fiberglass Facia.
Does anyone here have it yet? I read the thread on it and it looks really good, but honestly if I don't need to spend a grand + on it, then I can live with the original until I can afford the fiberglass unit.
Just want to get some feed back on the new ones and what i should do with my old one.
Sometimes, you just think the people on the roads are just animals. It sucks seeing my baby with a black eye. :( And just after I finished building the interior and all.

WelmoedJ
06-20-2012, 04:50 AM
You're most likely not the first owner who has bad luck.
More bad luck is indeed those folks that are "given" a driver's license just for having handed over some coupons. ;)

I myself had bad luck only 2 days after I purchased my first car.
Anyway the person involved hav a remarkable story to tell: hit by back from the future :cool1:

Hope you will be able to solve it the cheapest but best way possible.