PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Fuel Pump Cover Seal

Jack
06-22-2012, 04:55 PM
If anyone here has changed to the new pump design already, would be welling to sell/give me your old fuel pump cover seal for original pump set up.
Mine has turned to plastic and cannot be reused.
Thanks

For clarification:

stevedmc
06-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Just cover it up with a piece of plastic. Gallon size zip lock bags work nicely.

Jack
06-22-2012, 10:11 PM
you know what i guess i could use a nitrile glove. that what way the gas fumes don't eat through the plastic.

DeLorean
06-22-2012, 11:10 PM
If the lower boot is sealed correctly, why do you even need this?

Jack
06-22-2012, 11:23 PM
keeps the top of the the fuel pump clean from trash water and other things that find there way down in that area.

DMCMW Dave
06-23-2012, 12:04 AM
If the lower boot is sealed correctly, why do you even need this?

Water gets in there (run-off from the windshield drain) and will sit on top of the pump. If you are lucky it won't leak into the tank and will only rot the top of the pump.

82DMC12
06-23-2012, 12:12 AM
The new part is under $30. It will last longer than a cut up zip lock bag. I dont know about you but I dont want go into the tank area more than once every 5 years at the most! Just fix it right. Parts are cheap.

Jack
06-23-2012, 01:00 AM
lol is it even possible to ask someone for a used part they dont need anymore with out being told to go buy a new one.
yes the part is 30 dollars and the shipping cheapest option is 11.41, which is crazy high for a item that is that small and light. somebodies pocketing the change for sure.
anyhow the whole point in posting in the wanted forum was trying to find a part that is likely to be tossed out when changing to the new pump set up.
i guess alot of people on here just whip their asses with 20 dollar bills.

Chris 16409
06-23-2012, 01:01 PM
Call DMC Northwest or Midwest and buy it from them. Toby and Dave usually give better shipping rates than the Houston website. Toby has shipped stuff first class mail to me on several occasions.

Shep
06-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Am I missing something here? The OP is asking for an original part, and everyone's suggesting alternatives or improved parts. If he wants an original part, that's his decision, regardless of cost. With my D, even if a part costs $5 , as long as I no longer have the original (and a lot's like that already), I'd much rather get an original from a donor D than an improved part, even just to have it on hand. Saving it from a parted-out D that would otherwise go to the crusher with it is another benefit; it keeps original parts floating around. And I for one an certainly not entrusting the protection of my gasoline from the elements to a zip-loc bag. In a pinch, maybe, but not long-term by far.

Now, this may not be the reason he wants an original, but if he's already clarified that he wants original and not improved nor alternative, does it matter?

Ryan King
06-28-2012, 03:58 PM
I have one. Make me an offer.

Tillsy
06-28-2012, 05:54 PM
I would give you mine for free if we were in the same country - I am in the process of installing the new pump upgrade to mine so do not need it.