PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Island Turbo parts: alternator & coolant bottle brackets

FABombjoy
06-25-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm looking to buy the following parts so I can fit an Island Turbo kit:

-Alternator relocation bracket
-Coolant bottle brackets
-Jump lead bracket (or at least a pic of how they did it)

Alternative solutions also welcome. I can easily fab my own coolant & jump lead brackets if someone could provide measurements. Thanks!

FABombjoy
11-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Still looking for these bits, including rough measurements and / or pics of the header bottle and jump lead bracket setup.

Would also be interested in any of the custom coolant pipes

elfking
12-24-2012, 10:58 AM
I could also use any pics or info if anyone's in the mood for giving being the holidays and all.

Also not to hijack...if anyone has pictures of where the oil lines were taped and threaded on the block that would be good too!

sydlexia
01-08-2013, 10:26 PM
I could also use any pics or info if anyone's in the mood for giving being the holidays and all.

Also not to hijack...if anyone has pictures of where the oil lines were taped and threaded on the block that would be good too!

I have a complete Island kit (I believe it's an Island) not currently installed. I can provide the oil tap pics for you. Give me a day or two.

sydlexia
01-09-2013, 06:59 PM

I have a complete Island kit (I believe it's an Island) not currently installed. I can provide the oil tap pics for you. Give me a day or two.

Here are the requested pics of the engine block oil tap locations for the Island twin turbo kit.

Driver side:

15828 15829

Passenger Side:

15830 15831

Hope this helps.

~scott

elfking
01-10-2013, 03:00 AM
Wow thank you very much!

Any chance you have the alternator brackets / rest of the stuff the first post asked about in terms of measurements (roughly) for those of us trying to make our missing parts?

Thanks again!
Brian

FABombjoy
01-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the pics! I'm am still looking to buy and/or fab the alternator & coolant brackets.

sydlexia
01-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Wow thank you very much!

Any chance you have the alternator brackets / rest of the stuff the first post asked about in terms of measurements (roughly) for those of us trying to make our missing parts?

Thanks again!
Brian

I am fairly certain that I have the stock alternator and bottle mounts, not exactly sure. Look at the pics below, maybe you can tell me. I AM able to install the turbo kit with the mounts you see in the pictures with no issues. I do believe that the coolant lines have been re-routed allowing me to do this (you can see this in one of the pics). I inherited the car from my Dad who had the kit installed a long time ago. I have removed and installed the kit a couple times to smog it. Everything bolts right up without me having to touch the alternator, bottle, or coolant lines. If you see something in the pics that looks like what you're searching for, I'll be happy to help with the measurements.

15839 15840 15841 15842 15843

FABombjoy
01-11-2013, 01:13 PM
That is hugely useful! You definitely have the Island kit alternator relocation bracket & coolant bottle / jump post brackets installed. Thanks again for the pics!

Now to find a local place to have that bracket made up. I whipped up a test in the eMachineShop CAD program and the quote almost made me fall out of my chair.

Patrick C
01-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Now to find a local place to have that bracket made up. I whipped up a test in the eMachineShop CAD program and the quote almost made me fall out of my chair.

Doesn't DPI sell them? I seem to remember Josh saying he was going to make them a while back.

Delorean Industries
01-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Doesn't DPI sell them? I seem to remember Josh saying he was going to make them a while back.

In stock!

Patrick C
01-11-2013, 06:17 PM
In stock!

How much? I've always toyed with the idea of relocating my alternator.

Delorean Industries
01-11-2013, 06:39 PM
This one right? I made these in limited quantity and they are 45.00 per unit.

elfking
01-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Hi Josh, are they on the site somewhere to order or do we just send an email ? Any other island turbo related brackets / parts that you reproduce / sell?

Delorean Industries
01-11-2013, 07:44 PM
I should also still have the CAD drawing for the two brackets that hold the throttle body adapter. (I will look through our SW product binder tomorrow to confirm)
I know we once had the two relocation brackets for the coolant res. Haven't produced these in a while as they were not in our 2012 product guide.

I have had multiple owners ask for us to bring back our exhaust system for this. To make it happen we would need 8 orders. The price is 1595.00 for everything from the turbo's back.

FABombjoy
01-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Email sent!

As much as I would enjoy fabbing this stuff, if you've got them already, I'll take the time savings instead.

Starglider
01-13-2013, 08:23 AM
I have in issue with relocating the coolant bottle on my Legend replica build. The intercoolers take up so much of the upper engine bay, only a tiny space is left. I believe the original engines had a very small vertical coolant bottle, I currently have the standard stainless bottle. Chris N says he is going to improvise something out of stainless parts.

Ryan King
01-14-2013, 12:49 AM
This one right? I made these in limited quantity and they are 45.00 per unit.

So wait. This is the bracket that allows one to relocate the Alternator to the set up on the Turbo? Like in this photo? 15868
I was trying to see how this bracket makes a difference. :hmm:
Josh, are there any benefits to relocating the Alternator to there then where it currently sits?

Delorean Industries
01-14-2013, 12:38 PM
This throws the alt on the top of the passenger valve cover. STOCK AIR BOX DOES NOT FIT PROPERLY.

I have one left in stock at this time. I can have more in two weeks tops.

DMC5180
01-14-2013, 01:22 PM
So wait. This is the bracket that allows one to relocate the Alternator to the set up on the Turbo? Like in this photo? 15868
I was trying to see how this bracket makes a difference. :hmm:
Josh, are there any benefits to relocating the Alternator to there then where it currently sits?

Performance Output wise, it makes NO difference. If you have a twin turbo you must relocate it by default, unless you re-design the turbo system around the stock location.
The only possible benefit of moving it there, is that it helps raise the alternator out of the WATER Spray or Debris kicked off the right rear tire. (Think Bearings). Most (not all) traditional front engine installations provide natural protection from water spray.

Nicholas R
01-14-2013, 01:31 PM
This throws the alt on the top of the passenger valve cover. STOCK AIR BOX DOES NOT FIT PROPERLY.

I have one left in stock at this time. I can have more in two weeks tops.

Any idea if this style intake will work with the bracket?
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=14657&d=1352180656

Delorean Industries
01-14-2013, 01:37 PM

picture didn't show up first time around. I have one in the warehouse I can try.

sydlexia
01-14-2013, 01:41 PM

That intake should work.

DMC5180
01-14-2013, 01:42 PM
In the photo posted earlier you can see the Intake hose to the pontoon is not installed. Whether Josh is referring to that as the fitment issue, I don't know. Whether you can install your particular air intake to the pontoon and figure out filtration in an elegant fashion who knows. I'm sure something could be cobbled together for functionality.

sydlexia
01-14-2013, 02:08 PM
In the photo posted earlier you can see the Intake hose to the pontoon is not installed. Whether Josh is referring to that as the fitment issue, I don't know. Whether you can install your particular air intake to the pontoon and figure out filtration in an elegant fashion who knows. I'm sure something could be cobbled together for functionality.

It's installed, you just can't see it in that pic. Here are a couple more at a better angle.

15875 15876

Fitment is a bit tight, but not a problem. Any flex intake pipe will work. Heat stove bolts up fine too.

The filter housing fits fine as well. At least it does on mine. Not sure where the alternator adapter I have installed came from, maybe Josh's is different, although the pics josh provided earlier show it to be about the same as mine.

~scott

Delorean Industries
01-14-2013, 02:37 PM
It's installed, you just can't see it in that pic. Here are a couple more at a better angle.

15875 15876

Fitment is a bit tight, but not a problem. Any flex intake pipe will work. Heat stove bolts up fine too.

The filter housing fits fine as well. At least it does on mine. Not sure where the alternator adapter I have installed came from, maybe Josh's is different, although the pics josh provided earlier show it to be about the same as mine.

~scott

ours is an exact replica of the original design.

DMCMW Dave
01-14-2013, 02:56 PM
You may also discover that the common aftermarket stainless header bottles will interfere with the alternator in that location. Not a problem with the plastic one due to the oval shape.

Delorean Industries
01-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Good point..... This kit was originally made in someones back yard.....

DeloreanJoshQ
01-03-2016, 08:11 PM
Does anyone have an alternator relocation bracket (the pivot part) that will clear an aftermarket stainless reservoir and relocate the alternator up to the passenger valve cover for a twin turbo setup? I can source the adjuster bracket. Thanks!

BABIS
01-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Does anyone have an alternator relocation bracket (the pivot part) that will clear an aftermarket stainless reservoir and relocate the alternator up to the passenger valve cover for a twin turbo setup? I can source the adjuster bracket. Thanks!

Ask Ed Uding if he has one of these in stock: http://s36.photobucket.com/user/stargliderx/media/engine-alternator_zps9f03d2fe.jpg.html

FABombjoy
01-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Whoa, necro WTB thread.

FWIW I took my turbo setup in a different direction and don't need any of this stuff.