PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Headliners, carpet

82DMC12
07-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for a couple interior items...

1. Light gray driver's side headliner
2. Dark gray rear headliner
3. Light gray late-style (1982) passenger side door sill carpet (the soft light gray type, no early rough carpet)

I'd prefer new but would consider very good condition used parts. The carpet is unavailable new and the headliners I can't get unless I buy the whole set from DMC. Looking for other options first.

Thanks,
Andy

ssaleen
07-20-2012, 12:53 AM
Hi,

3. Light gray late-style (1982) passenger side door sill carpet (the soft light gray type, no early rough carpet)

I'd prefer new but would consider very good condition used parts. The carpet is unavailable new and the headliners I can't get unless I buy the whole set from DMC. Looking for other options first.

Thanks,
Andy

I don't know if you know of any auto upholstery guys but I just had both door headliners done for $30
And the rest of the headliner is gonna be next and that is only gonna be 25-30 dollars.
Just an idea!!

mluder
07-20-2012, 01:52 PM
I don't know if you know of any auto upholstery guys but I just had both door headliners done for $30
And the rest of the headliner is gonna be next and that is only gonna be 25-30 dollars.
Just an idea!!

Where'd you have it done - that's a good price.

Cheers
Steve

ssaleen
07-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Dave's uhpolstery in brush prairie. I've known him since I was a kid
And has probably done 3/4 of the cars at the Portland roadster show!

mluder
07-20-2012, 02:55 PM
Dave's uhpolstery in brush prairie. I've known him since I was a kid
And has probably done 3/4 of the cars at the Portland roadster show!

Thanks... I'll keep that in mind.

Brush Prairie isn't that far from Gresham and a recomendation from another owner is worth the drive time over finding someplace local.

Cheers.
Steve

ssaleen
07-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Yea he is worth it, but if you do want to get yours done let me know, because he has enough work for the rest of the year and hasnt been answering his phone.
Yea he isn't really that far from gresham.

mluder
07-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Yea he is worth it, but if you do want to get yours done let me know, because he has enough work for the rest of the year and hasnt been answering his phone.
Yea he isn't really that far from gresham.

Thanks...

sydlexia
01-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Hi,

Thanks,
Andy

Hi Andy,

I have a new unused driver side headliner for you. I purchased the whole kit (found here (http://store.delorean.com/p-10242-headliner-set-light-grey.aspx)) but didn't need the driver side. $100 + shipping seems fair. Lemme know if you're interested.

~scott

15806 15807 15808

cdrusn
02-26-2013, 10:28 PM
I just don't know why Delorean owners think that this is such a difficult job. You can go to the upholstery shop and buy the headliner material for $15 for the whole car. Buy a can of 3M high temp. spray on glue. Take off the old material, wire brush the old glue and foam off, spray glue the hard board, spray glue the material, wait 15 minutes, carefully lay it on the hard board. done. If you can replace an alternator, starter, brakes, radiator, etc. why can't you do a simple job as this?

Shep
02-26-2013, 10:56 PM
the headliners I can't get unless I buy the whole set from DMC.I think you're looking on the wrong page. I bought both a front headliner and a rear headliner at separate times without ordering anything else, and didn't have any issues. There's a whole list of them here (https://store.delorean.com/c-397-8-7-4-headlinerssunvisorsroof-trim.aspx), each available individually (and none of the sets are listed on that page).