PDA

View Full Version : Pearce Design Components

Domi
07-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Does anyone knows what's happening to PDC?
I mean all his products are out of stock and no longer in production.
http://www.pearce-design.com/products.html
I thought his products was the future for our cars, at least the front lower control arm and front upper control arm, because the frame are not affordable for everyone.
I don't know if Bryan is here on the new dmctalk, this way he will be able to explain if he has any plant for the future.
Thanks for any informations :)

Rich W
07-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Does anyone knows what's happening to PDC?
I mean all his products are out of stock and no longer in production.
http://www.pearce-design.com/products.html
I thought his products was the future for our cars, at least the front lower control arm and front upper control arm, because the frame are not affordable for everyone.
I don't know if Bryan is here on the new dmctalk, this way he will be able to explain if he has any plant for the future.
Thanks for any informations :)

I am not sure if Bryan is on DMCTalk.org or not (he was on the old .com), but there has been discussion of PDC Products continuing to be produced
either through another third party or by a DMC vendor (directly) in the future. I do not believe there has been any official announcement yet.

While I am sure there are many factors in the current hold on production, one reason may be that Bryan is locating to a different state this year.

I am sure either Bryan or one of the DMC Vendors will be commenting once any deal reaches completion. If no news is posted soon, I will inquire.

Later,
Rich W.

Domi
07-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Thank you for your answer :thumbup2:

mluder
07-26-2012, 06:03 PM
There's also this...

"As of December 2011 we no longer have any products in stock and Pearce Design Components is no longer in business. May thanks to the DeLorean Community it has been a fun ride."

http://www.pearce-design.com/companyinfo.html

Cheers.
Steve

Chris 16409
07-27-2012, 03:54 AM
Josh Bengston seems to be the stainless steel master these days anyway. It seems he's continuing to develop more and more stainless goodies for our cars.

Delorean Industries
07-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Josh Bengston seems to be the stainless steel master these days anyway. It seems he's continuing to develop more and more stainless goodies for our cars.

I will gladly take that title.

With PDC. DPI had first dibs on the rights, jigs etc. In the end it came down to it being a very dated design/fabrication process that was easier to just start from scratch on. Which for those who have stopped out recently have seen first hand. I know DMCH apparently was the other interested party. I let it pass knowing if we can't see working dashes or binnacles there is no threat of frames becoming a reality either. I couldn't justify the ridiculous price tag for something that badly needed redesigned anyways. 25k+ depending on the day of the week gets you jigs, a expensive source of materials and a lack of knowledge for something that is kinda scratched on paper but mostly in the builders head.

stevedmc
07-27-2012, 11:03 AM

With PDC. DPI had first dibs on the rights, jigs etc. In the end it came down to it being a very dated design/fabrication process that was easier to just start from scratch on. Which for those who have stopped out recently have seen first hand. I know DMCH apparently was the other interested party. I let it pass knowing if we can't see working dashes or binnacles there is no threat of frames becoming a reality either. I couldn't justify the ridiculous price tag for something that badly needed redesigned anyways. 25k+ depending on the day of the week gets you jigs, a expensive source of materials and a lack of knowledge for something that is kinda scratched on paper but mostly in the builders head.

Do you have a target price for your frames?

Delorean Industries
07-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Still pushing hard for sub 10k rolling chassis (customer supplied hubs and wheels)

Bitsyncmaster
07-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Still pushing hard for sub 10k rolling chassis (customer supplied hubs and wheels)

I like that goal.

stevedmc
07-27-2012, 02:21 PM

I love you.

Domi
07-27-2012, 03:00 PM
There's also this...

"As of December 2011 we no longer have any products in stock and Pearce Design Components is no longer in business. May thanks to the DeLorean Community it has been a fun ride."

http://www.pearce-design.com/companyinfo.html

Cheers.
Steve

Oops, sorry I didn't see that kind of information :notworthy:

Domi
07-27-2012, 03:01 PM

Do you think you will be able to build the front lower control arm and front upper control arm in a near future?

Domi
12-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Any update about this please?

DeLoreanman
12-04-2012, 04:19 PM
I thought I saw something about Josh finished testing on the front lower control arms on his Facebook page.

Byrne H&A
12-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Hello,

Is suggest you will want to visit our website www.Deloreanupgradeparts.com We have been producing the Lower Control Arm for 17 years. I think you will like what we offer the DeLorean community. Byrne

Nicholas R
12-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Hello,

Is suggest you will want to visit our website www.Deloreanupgradeparts.com We have been producing the Lower Control Arm for 17 years. I think you will like what we offer the DeLorean community. Byrne

Just out of curiosity, can you elaborate on how your control arms are an upgrade? I've been looking through your site and it looks like they're just new versions of the originals. I'm aware that for the most part, originals are unavailable, but is there anything different about yours that improves them? Also can you make them in stainless?

Starglider
12-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Just out of curiosity, can you elaborate on how your control arms are an upgrade? I've been looking through your site and it looks like they're just new versions of the originals. I'm aware that for the most part, originals are unavailable, but is there anything different about yours that improves them?

I have these, they're considerably thicker, heavier and stronger than the stock arms. Not expoy coated though, you have to do that yourself.

DMCMW Dave
12-05-2012, 07:13 PM
I recall weighing several arms for a comparison. I don't recall the numbers, but if OEM is baseline, the stainless arms are 1.5 the OEM weight and Byrnes are 2X the weight.

Byrnes arms use a proprietary inner urethane bushing, i.e. you can't press a stock bushing into the arm (the hole is too small by a very small amount). That is why they come with his arms.

Nicholas R
12-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Got ya, thanks for the info! :thumbup:

Domi
03-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Josh, as you are producing lot of stainless parts at this time, did you find some time to reproduce these parts someday?

LordFly
04-30-2013, 12:57 AM

Sorry to bring up a dead thread, but if this is still in the works, what would bare frame go for?

Domi
05-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Do you think you will be able to build the front lower control arm and front upper control arm in a near future?

Josh, I saw on your website that the front lower control arm is ready in stainless.
What about the front upper control arm?
Do you think you'll be able to do it in stainless someday, that will be great to make them both in stainless.
Thanks for your answer ;)

Delorean Industries
05-05-2014, 07:42 PM
Already have the prototypes done. SW will be hitting production for further testing in the coming weeks. I will be offering upper/lower as a package with ball joints along with the upper and lower rears with new bushings and adjustable feature.

Domi
05-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Thank you for the great news Josh :thumbup2: