PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Delorean Performance Industries Adjustable Upper/Lower Control Arm Kit w/ Heim Joints

Delorean Industries
09-02-2012, 07:42 PM
The first debut product leading up to our all new state of the art chassis release. After extensive testing our new rear adjustable link kit is ready. Manufactured in house at Delorean Performance. Fully adjustable upper and lower links with pttf/Kevlar lined heim joints. With the added adjustment on the upper arm, lowering springs can be installed and the vehicle alignment performed without only adjusting the lower arm. This takes the added stress off the radius arm bushing and trailing arm bolts by not tweaking the load.

Upper and lower kit including joint spacers. Available in natural finish (clear coated as pictured) or powder coated.

Kit price is 495.00

The kit will be available online shortly on our site and is currently available ready to ship. Just call or email!

82DMC12
09-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Got any pics of the parts installed? Looks and sounds awesome.

09-02-2012, 11:39 PM
I've confirmed with Josh that I will be getting these installed on my 3.0 single Turbo car that DPI is currently working on. A great looking product, adjustable, made by DPI and backed by Josh...one can't go wrong with it.

Awesome!

Delorean Industries
09-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Forgot to post this... Sorry. The lower arms are also available separate from the kit. I mounted the set on a test chassis a while back that I drive very hard. Checked after several thousand miles of daily driving and no issues present.

FABombjoy
09-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Is the idea that you could adjust both camber & toe without having to mess with TAB shims?

82DMC12
09-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Those look great Josh!

Kevin
09-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Is the idea that you could adjust both camber & toe without having to mess with TAB shims?

As far as I can tell, this should only adjust camber.

Though it would be nifty if someone could craft some sort of an adjustable TAB for easy adjusting of rear toe.

FABombjoy
09-13-2012, 12:59 PM
The way I picture it, if you were to lengthen both the upper and lower link equally then you would be adding toe in. Shortening both links would toe-out. I just wasn't sure what was meant by "tweaking the load".

Nevertheless I'm interested in at least a set of lowers, and both upper and lower if toe adjustment is a design goal.

Kevin
09-13-2012, 01:01 PM
The way I picture it, if you were to lengthen both the upper and lower link equally then you would be adding toe in. Shortening both links would toe-out.

That makes sense, good point!

Delorean Industries
10-16-2012, 09:41 PM
The way I picture it, if you were to lengthen both the upper and lower link equally then you would be adding toe in. Shortening both links would toe-out. I just wasn't sure what was meant by "tweaking the load".

Nevertheless I'm interested in at least a set of lowers, and both upper and lower if toe adjustment is a design goal.

Unfortunately you can but shouldn't manipulate toe like this. Yes it would change toe but not as much as adding or subtracting shims. Plus it will put a tweaking lateral load on the radius arm bushing and stress the weak frame design st the base of the rear y tie in.

FABombjoy
10-17-2012, 10:32 AM
That makes sense. I figured only very minor tweaks, like sub-shim amounts, should be considered. Do you have an install guide? I'd like to see your recommended procedure for camber adjustment.

Delorean Industries
12-10-2012, 01:53 PM
That makes sense. I figured only very minor tweaks, like sub-shim amounts, should be considered. Do you have an install guide? I'd like to see your recommended procedure for camber adjustment.

Camber adjustment is quick and easy with the vehicle on a alignment rack. Basically after installation (detailed instructions included) camber is removed or added by adjusting the top and bottom either in or out opposite of each other. The arms come set to a stock length for easy of installation but can be quickly adjusted in a situation where lowering springs are installed.

jerzybondov
12-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Josh, what advantages do you see on the road from having installed this kit on the test chassis?

Delorean Industries
12-11-2012, 08:21 AM
Josh, what advantages do you see on the road from having installed this kit on the test chassis?

This removes the excessive play given to the rear suspension from the stock bushings. Personally I don't think it makes the ride any harsh but helps to eliminate the loose feeling in the rear end. The best upgrades for money spent I have found are rear control arms, shocks, radius arm bushings (poly), lower control arm supports and front sway bar (poly).

jerzybondov
12-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Which LCA supports do you use/recommend? I have the DMC EU ones installed but they have a habit of slipping off the bush at the inner end.

Delorean Industries
12-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Which LCA supports do you use/recommend? I have the DMC EU ones installed but they have a habit of slipping off the bush at the inner end.

We produce our own with larger spacers to take care of that issue. I'm not sure which style we have in stock current. Either our mild steel or stainless ones. I will check on this.

kenny
12-11-2012, 12:48 PM
We produce our own with larger spacers to take care of that issue. I'm not sure which style we have in stock current. Either our mild steel or stainless ones. I will check on this.

Hi josh, do you have these on your webstore yet?

Delorean Industries
12-11-2012, 12:55 PM
I have not updated the store yet because of yet another security certificate issue. Should have it resolved shortly. They should be up at that point.

kenny
12-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Great,
Thanks for the update