PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Flux Capacitor

baldwinsusa
09-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Anyone selling a new or working used flux capacitor replica? If so please PM me. Thanks. Paul

Shep
09-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Videobob sells them new:
http://www.bobspropshop.com/companystore.html

$499, but they're the most accurate screen replicas in existence. I believe at one time he had other versions on his site as well, but I didn't see them in the two pages on that site where I looked.

Mark D
10-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Videobob sells them new:
http://www.bobspropshop.com/companystore.html

$499, but they're the most accurate screen replicas in existence. I believe at one time he had other versions on his site as well, but I didn't see them in the two pages on that site where I looked.

Please be cautious with how you present your information. They may be the most screen accurate replicas YOU have seen, but they're certainly not the most accurate out there.

If the OP is looking for something better than the off the shelf Diamond Select version then Bob's are a good alternative.

Shep
10-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Please be cautious with how you present your information. They may be the most screen accurate replicas YOU have seen, but they're certainly not the most accurate out there.My bad, didn't realize I used the wording I did. You are correct, there are more accurate ones out there, but none for sale to the best of my knowledge.

For my previous post, please mentally swap out "in existence" with "for sale (as far as I'm aware)". Sorry for the poor choice of words :)

videobob
10-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Actually, they ARE the most accurate.
I was given access to the real flux capacitor with detailed measurements and photos, paint matching, etc.
I have even spoken to the man who did the original wiring and then contacted the original micro-board manufacture for the electronics.
The only differences in my replicas are that I replicate the relays out of plastic (instead of brass and glass) and the side elbows are
also resin cast. I COULD build them out of 100% original parts, but it would be so expensive no one would buy it.
Bob Gale set up a meeting for me at Universal where I have negotiated a license deal to offer these officially.
So, I think that says a lot.
Unfortunately I don't have any for sale at this time.
I hope to have some for sale soon!!!
If you see one of mine on eBay be sure to snap it up!!!
Thanks.

thirdmanj
10-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Actually, they ARE the most accurate.
I was given access to the real flux capacitor with detailed measurements and photos, paint matching, etc.
I have even spoken to the man who did the original wiring and then contacted the original micro-board manufacture for the electronics.
The only differences in my replicas are that I replicate the relays out of plastic (instead of brass and glass) and the side elbows are
also resin cast. I COULD build them out of 100% original parts, but it would be so expensive no one would buy it.
Bob Gale set up a meeting for me at Universal where I have negotiated a license deal to offer these officially.
So, I think that says a lot.
Unfortunately I don't have any for sale at this time.
I hope to have some for sale soon!!!
If you see one of mine on eBay be sure to snap it up!!!
Thanks.

In light of this very non-self serving post, I must agree with VB on this.