PDA

View Full Version : I feel bad for loving this movie

Michael
09-26-2012, 10:02 PM
"God Bless America" on Netflix. I'm 30 minutes into it and I feel guilty for laughing so hard. It's a black comedy and without revealing too much...its about a dude fed up with reality tv and decides to kill reality tv stars. It's sick I know, but so is GTA and I have played that for hours.

stevedmc
09-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Ban him!

Michael
09-26-2012, 11:12 PM
After watching it...kind of a stupid movie. It started strong, then went "Natural Born Killers" psycho a bit. If you like dark comedies maybe worth a peek. Had some good lines, especially the office conversation at the beginning.

SamHill
09-27-2012, 09:07 AM
After watching it...kind of a stupid movie. It started strong, then went "Natural Born Killers" psycho a bit. If you like dark comedies maybe worth a peek. Had some good lines, especially the office conversation at the beginning.

Agree. Saw it a year ago online. The characters only become what they complain about. Obvious liberal bent, so it feels dishonest, unlike "Falling Down." In that movie, you rooted for Michael Douglas because he hated ugliness without being dishonestly partisan. I also felt like it had pedo overtones, like the screenwriter is acting out the fantasy of being propositioned by an underage girl. Have a seat!