PDA

View Full Version : Frame & Body Removal of front bumper Grille

1batt4u
06-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Hi all,

How to remove front bumper grille?? I was looking aorund the car, kinda puzzled, also tried looking online, but nothing.

I gotta hook up the alarm trigger to the tunk light button(purple/white wire) for the Wings-A-Loft system, unless I can tap into the purple/white wire somewhere around the dash??

Thank you!!!

82DMC12
06-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Hi all,

How to remove front bumper grille?? I was looking aorund the car, kinda puzzled, also tried looking online, but nothing.

I gotta hook up the alarm trigger to the tunk light button(purple/white wire) for the Wings-A-Loft system, unless I can tap into the purple/white wire somewhere around the dash??

Thank you!!!

It just pulls straight off. It's held on by round stud clips on the back side.

Andy

Jonathan
06-23-2011, 04:43 PM
I had thought I had taken some pictures of when I took mine off, but it doesn't look like I have any, so I'll have to type the description.

It's actually quite easy. The black grille piece (with your DMC logo in the middle) is held in place by 8 (I think I remember it being 8 ) pegs which squeeze into place. They are basically little pegs with a ball shape on the end and then clip into the receiving end in the bumper. Kind of like a ball and socket/shoulder joint type thing. All you have to do is pull on them.

Now, having said that, go easy. The balls and sockets could be a little rusted and tight to get loose. What I did was find some sort of tool you can use that has a "hook" on the end of it. I used a mid sized allen wrench/key where I stuck the short end of the "L" into the grille slats and pulled with a pair of pliers on the other end. You should be able to work each of the four corners out a little bit at a time and eventually wiggle it all the way out.

The connector for the trunk light/switch is behind there which is why I went in. Let us know how you make out.

1batt4u
06-23-2011, 07:14 PM
So that was easy!!! Thanx guys!!! Now the real problem getting a wire in there to tap into the purple light switch wire. Any ideas? For an hour or so I was trying to figure out. :wrenchin: