PDA

View Full Version : For Sale newbie Hood (Flapped and Grooved) For Sale

jeff bergquist
10-31-2012, 03:52 PM
1st of all ill introduce my self im jeff bergquist i live in mountlake terrace washington ive been in the car and motorcycle hobby ever since i was able to hold a wrench
i built a couple model a hotrods from scratch swapmeet parts and junk collecting im also a picker i was clearing out a garage of a older man as he was moving
and got alot of hot rod parts and also came across a gas flap door hood with depression lines groved hood i have no need for it as i dont have a delorean ..as reading
the sticky post on posting items for sale i have to have 10 posts so here i go..thanx jeffrey

jeff bergquist
10-31-2012, 03:54 PM
pics.....sorry

ccurzio
10-31-2012, 04:03 PM
PM Sent.

thirdmanj
10-31-2012, 04:05 PM
pics.....sorry

Wow, looks nice! Where are you located Jeff?

LEVY
10-31-2012, 04:19 PM
1st of all ill introduce my self im jeff bergquist i live in mountlake terrace washington ive been in the car and motorcycle hobby ever since i was able to hold a wrench
i built a couple model a hotrods from scratch swapmeet parts and junk collecting im also a picker i was clearing out a garage of a older man as he was moving
and got alot of hot rod parts and also came across a gas flap door hood with depression lines groved hood i have no need for it as i dont have a delorean ..as reading
the sticky post on posting items for sale i have to have 10 posts so here i go..thanx jeffrey

Very nice, can you post your price?

There is a very nice one for sale here: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2663-Gas-Flap-Hood-2500

So if you want to sell yours, must be at bellow that price.

Good luck!

LEVY

Note: Since this seems to be a legit post, moderators should be able to move this post to a For Sale section!

Shep
10-31-2012, 06:55 PM
Where are you located Jeff?..."mountlake terrace washington"?

jeff bergquist
10-31-2012, 09:50 PM
Wow, looks nice! Where are you located Jeff?

in rainy seattle washington..supposably this hood was from 1 of the 1st deloreans in seattle ...then something about a recall project 28x or something like that
i read about it but cannot re find ithood is in pretty good condition but has a little dings by gas flap ..but i heard they can be taken out i seen it on tv that englist guy that buys u.s. cars and shipps them bacc to his home town ...trying to figure out how to post more pics. than 1 at a time so i can show all sides and angles ..liner is there also wires to hood lite also lite hood support brackets also hood latch catch..thanx in advance...jeffrey

Shep
10-31-2012, 10:46 PM
trying to figure out how to post more pics. than 1 at a time so i can show all sides and anglesWhen you post a reply and go to the "Manage Attachments" screen, you can upload pictures one-by-one or in batches, without being constricted to one post. Each picture in this window has a checkbox in the bottom-right corner of its square. When you select the checkbox, the square the picture is in turns blue, indicating it's attached to that post. If you want to preview to see what pictures are attached, there is a "Preview Post" button next to the "Submit Reply" button (preview is on the right). Your post will appear, and any attached images will show up. If you don't want an attachment to be included in your post, go back to the "Manage Attachments" screen and uncheck it, so it changes from blue to gray.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! That's what the forum is here for :thumbup:

Back to the hood: can you post a picture of the underside? As in the black fiberglass (plastic?) side with the hood light and carpet padding. I'm curious as to the condition of it.

thirdmanj
11-01-2012, 06:40 AM
..."mountlake terrace washington"?

Doh..

jeff bergquist
11-02-2012, 09:45 PM
thank shep...ill give it another try more pics..this was sitting in a garage for 25 + years till i found it doesnot appear to have
the X pattern on stainless.....jeffrey

Shep
11-02-2012, 10:43 PM
thank shep...ill give it another try more pics..this was sitting in a garage for 25 + years till i found it doesnot appear to have
the X pattern on stainless.....jeffreyLooks like it worked! :wink:

The second picture in your post has the light at an angle that normally REALLY brings out the "X" pattern, but I don't see it either. It's always good to see a gas flap hood without the "X" pattern. Fixing it can be an expensive repair, and most owners opt to replace rather than repair. Yours doesn't need it, so that's always an advantage.

jeff bergquist
11-03-2012, 05:16 PM
2000.00 plus shipping will take it away from me....jeffrey

Ron
11-04-2012, 09:30 AM
moderator or administrator if this is wrong please delete
and i will find other things to do with this hood..if any one wants to check it out better in seattle pm me please ...thanx once again ....jeffrey
Not at all Jeff!

This is a good example of why we have new rules since .com... Sometimes people represent their item or deal in a way others may misinterpret and sometimes others just take it wrong. Of course there are scammers and trolls too.
It' just works out best all around to follow the posted rules:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?2859-For-sale-section-rules-please-read-before-posting!!
Particularly,
8. Members: STOP posting remarks like "free bump,good guy or good item”. If you are NOT going to purchase the items listed. Remarks like "you can get it cheaper at so and so place" are NOT allowed.
Again, do not post a question or remark if you do not intend to buy the item.

Also, if anyone sees something wrong in a post PLEASE simply click the black triangular shaped icon to the left and report it instead of responding (and PM the poster if you think help is needed). One of the Mod/Admin team members will take care of it ASAP. The whole idea behind this is to prevent people getting POed at each other (usually starts off with a misunderstanding/or good intentions, but then...). This way, friends don't pump others products up, enemies are out of the picture, etc, and the Mod/Admin will take the heat (one side or the other is going to be POed, if not both anyway, LOL, but we're used to it.)
:flamed::smokelot:

Edit: I've cleaned the thread (again ;-) and moved it to the Delorean Parts section...

refugeefromcalif
11-04-2012, 09:55 AM
As one who is considering putting a flapped hood on his car, I've been looking at this one.
The pictures look great but, I'm interested in the areas I've boxed on 2 of the pics.

Is this a dent or a ding? It seems like that corner is also a bit higher then the other?
It might just be an Optical Conclusion on my side but, it looks like a dent in both pics.

Jeffrey, can you post closer pics of this area?

*Edit*, and looking at the pics, I think I see another ding about 3" to the right of the flap?

Thanks!

George

jeff bergquist
11-04-2012, 12:38 PM
As one who is considering putting a flapped hood on his car, I've been looking at this one.
The pictures look great but, I'm interested in the areas I've boxed on 2 of the pics.

Is this a dent or a ding? It seems like that corner is also a bit higher then the other?
It might just be an Optical Conclusion on my side but, it looks like a dent in both pics.

Jeffrey, can you post closer pics of this area?

*Edit*, and looking at the pics, I think I see another ding about 3" to the right of the flap?

Thanks!

George

yes george there is a small ding not that bad though rite person could fix easy..im a mechnic not a body man...lol..jeffrey

jeff bergquist
11-10-2012, 08:49 PM
any resonable offers...i dont have a delorean i have hotrods- harleys and drag boat...jeffrey

jeff bergquist
11-23-2012, 10:36 PM
last chance before going to ebay then if it doesnt sell will become a snow sled.. im sure it had snow on it one time or another.. lol...jeffrey

ArnieBrandon
11-29-2012, 11:06 PM
last chance before going to ebay then if it doesnt sell will become a snow sled.. im sure it had snow on it one time or another.. lol...jeffrey
But I could purchase a snow sled for far less than what I could sell a DeLorean Hood with door flap for. Take $250.00?
Arnie

ccurzio
11-29-2012, 11:41 PM
That's around what I offered too, and got no response.

The snow sled option just seems spiteful.

jeff bergquist
11-30-2012, 09:18 PM
That's around what I offered too, and got no response.

The snow sled option just seems spiteful.

thanx for your offer but ive had better ones...

DBOZ
12-04-2012, 12:07 AM
PM me with what you want for it, I am open to a fair offer.
Darrell

jeff bergquist
12-04-2012, 03:46 PM
PM me with what you want for it, I am open to a fair offer.
Darrell

you guys are all funny...lol..anyways i had a person on here offer me 1000.oo for it i said yes if he pays for shipping and certified delivery
i have not heard back from him that was last month so if any one wants to match it bring it on or next it will go to ebay...jeff

jeff bergquist
12-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Happy new year havent been on the site for awile.. its still available if anyone is interested thank you jeffrey...

ccurzio
12-30-2012, 04:38 PM
My offer still stands.

ArnieBrandon
12-30-2012, 09:47 PM
My offer still stands.

Mine too.

ArnieBrandon
12-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Mine too.

It's take $250.00 delivered to DMCNW in Bellevue or a sled. Your choice.

Judo land
03-13-2013, 01:05 AM
This hood still available?

beernpizzalover
04-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Happy new year havent been on the site for awile.. its still available if anyone is interested thank you jeffrey...

I'd be QUITE interested - after viewing several DeLoreans with gas flaps yesterday...
And I live not far from you. :)