PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 2 Craig Radios

rothsean
11-02-2012, 07:03 AM
I have 2 Craig radios, one that works fine and another one that can be used for replacement parts. I was going to put one into my car but I decided to keep the more modern DMC radio in the car.

$250 for both. PM me if interested.

Silverbullet
11-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Dibs...So... the one that works... is the display good?.... How much for JUST the working one... Really don't need a parts one... I have one of those... lol

Craig

Ras12
11-02-2012, 10:58 PM
I will buy the broken one! :rock_on:

mluder
11-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Anyone have a lead on someone or somewhere that replacement belts can be obtained for the tape mechanism?

Cheers
Steve

sdg3205
11-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Damn! I wanted one!

Steve I've had a lot of luck with old school radio repair shops.

Ron
11-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Anyone have a lead on someone or somewhere that replacement belts can be obtained for the tape mechanism?

Cheers
Steve

FWIW- I haven't seen one in Radio Shark for a while (maybe Google it?) but there are kits that have several diameters/shapes of belts you cut to length, then, using an included fixture, bond the ends together with "super glue", also included. It WILL hold up...I fixed 3 or 4 out of one kit (I've had one in my GTO for 12 years and it's still going).

Citizen
11-03-2012, 08:51 AM

Cheers
Steve

I realize this might not do you much good since you are in Oregon, but here goes. In Houston, there is a store called "EPO" (or, Electronic Parts Outlet). They have EVERYTHING electronic, or so it seems. And yes, I've seen with my own eyes every sort of little rubber replacement belts for tape players.

Maybe you could call them (713-784-0140) and they could send you the part. If you find they have what you want but won't send it, let me know and I'll pick it up for you and send it to you. Shoot, I love going to that store just to look around.

BTW, my wife and I want to move to Oregon when we retire in a few years. We were thinking about Portland metroplex, like maybe Gresham, or accross the river to Vancouver WA. Maybe join your PNDMC club once we get up there.

Thomas

Ryan King
11-08-2012, 09:43 PM
So they didn't work out after all huh? :P

mluder
11-09-2012, 12:28 AM
I realize this might not do you much good since you are in Oregon, but here goes. In Houston, there is a store called "EPO" (or, Electronic Parts Outlet). They have EVERYTHING electronic, or so it seems. And yes, I've seen with my own eyes every sort of little rubber replacement belts for tape players.

Maybe you could call them (713-784-0140) and they could send you the part. If you find they have what you want but won't send it, let me know and I'll pick it up for you and send it to you. Shoot, I love going to that store just to look around.

BTW, my wife and I want to move to Oregon when we retire in a few years. We were thinking about Portland metroplex, like maybe Gresham, or accross the river to Vancouver WA. Maybe join your PNDMC club once we get up there.

Thomas

I appreciate the offer Thomas. I guess I just don't know what sizes etc. so I was hoping someone had a master list or repair manual or something...

BTW This post is full of interesting parallels. My wife's sister and he husband live in Houston. I live in Gresham.

Have you ever been up this way? It's a great part of the country. I'm from Nebraska originally.
The weather will take you some getting used to. Rains a bit more here than Houston something my sister in law and family miss from time to time. Actually, we have more grey days than outright rain. IT actually rains more in Atlanta Ga then here. Avg temp is a bit cooler too although it can get quite warm - we'll hi 100 in the summer sometimes.

Lots to do here. The mountains and the coast are only an hour and a half to two hours away although in different directions. There's hiking, skiing, fishing, hunting - basically lots to do outdoors. Great arts scene, micro brews, wineries too - AS I understand it people say Austin is similar culturally so if you've been there you get the idea.

Seattle and DMC NW is only three hours away - that's a great city too though traffic is terrible there.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. We are thinking of visiting Houston in March so I'll have to check out that place.

Cheers.
Steve

mluder
11-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Damn! I wanted one!

Steve I've had a lot of luck with old school radio repair shops.

Hmm - I took a guitar amp to a shop a year or so ago and he did good work. Maybe I'll hit him up.

Cheers
Steve

mluder
11-09-2012, 12:31 AM
FWIW- I haven't seen one in Radio Shark for a while (maybe Google it?) but there are kits that have several diameters/shapes of belts you cut to length, then, using an included fixture, bond the ends together with "super glue", also included. It WILL hold up...I fixed 3 or 4 out of one kit (I've had one in my GTO for 12 years and it's still going).

Thanks, there's one nearby so if the electronic shop falls through I'll check it out. AS I mentioned I was kinda hoping maybe someone just had a list of the sizes required.

Cheers
Steve

Citizen
11-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Have you ever been up this way? It's a great part of the country. [SNIP]

I have been to both Portland and Seattle a few times. Wife only been to Seattle once. I have skied Mt. Hood, and absolutely loved it. That, and the Austin like atmosphere are the main reasons I want to live there.

I knew about the gray days you're talking about. Actually, I sort of like it. They are cloudy days, and maybe drizzly, but that's okay with me. I am supposed to stay out of the sun as much as possible, as I am a skin cancer risk, so thought a Portland would be a great place. Good round of seasons too.

And like you said, Seattle and BC (Canada) are just a few hours north, mountains a little east, the ocean a little west, and California down south (I am originally from the SF bay area). And Portland is not a mega-city like Houston, but still big enough to have what you want. DMC NW not too far. Loved the Boeing museum and the Puged Sound. What more could I ask for?

But it's all still a number of years away....

Anyway, let me know if you need any help with the parts.

Good Luck.

Thomas

mluder
11-11-2012, 12:53 PM
I have been to both Portland and Seattle a few times. Wife only been to Seattle once. I have skied Mt. Hood, and absolutely loved it. That, and the Austin like atmosphere are the main reasons I want to live there.

I knew about the gray days you're talking about. Actually, I sort of like it. They are cloudy days, and maybe drizzly, but that's okay with me. I am supposed to stay out of the sun as much as possible, as I am a skin cancer risk, so thought a Portland would be a great place. Good round of seasons too.

And like you said, Seattle and BC (Canada) are just a few hours north, mountains a little east, the ocean a little west, and California down south (I am originally from the SF bay area). And Portland is not a mega-city like Houston, but still big enough to have what you want. DMC NW not too far. Loved the Boeing museum and the Puged Sound. What more could I ask for?

But it's all still a number of years away....

Anyway, let me know if you need any help with the parts.

Good Luck.

Thomas

Will do.

Thanks again.

Steve

Nicholas R
11-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Not to steal this thread (I think both radios are gone anyway right?) But I also have 2 craig radios for sale here. Just posted them:
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5631-Post-Engine-Swap-Parts-Sale

Ron
11-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Not to steal this thread (I think both radios are gone anyway right?) But I also have 2 craig radios for sale here. Just posted them:
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5631-Post-Engine-Swap-Parts-SaleDid ya PM Dave (sdg3205)?

sdg3205
11-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Did ya PM Dave (sdg3205)?

I'm already on it Ron! Thank you.