PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Entire Parts Car Recently Acquired, All Parts To Sell

uhhair
12-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Okay, so I have recently acquired a wrecked DeLorean that has limited value other than as a parts car, so I will be stripping it down and selling off the parts. First, let me list the bad:

No Left Front Fender, Front Fascia, Front Grille, Front Bumper, or Headlights (due to the wreck)

Frame is extensively rusted, may or may not be able to be saved, have not examined completely yet.

Fiberglass body is damaged up front as well, not sure how extensively yet either.

Rear Louvers are cracked, but a Fiberglass repair person could most likely repair them easily, is still in one piece.

Front windshield is cracked

Now, a list of the parts that were not included with the car for one reason or another:

No Seats (had aftermarket seats in it)

No Steering Wheel (aftermarket one instead)

No Shifter knob (aftermarket one instead)

And, on top of all of this, the car is painted yellow. Now, I do not currently know the condition of the panels underneath, but as I have stripped the paint on my own DeLorean in the past, I will be stripping the paint off of this car as well. If anyone is interested in the panels as they currently are however and is willing to make me a decent offer for them, let me know via PM before I strip them. Every panel but the left front is there, and they appear to be straight, with all glass intact, etc.

Now, for the (potentially) good about this car. This DeLorean has only been sitting for 3 years or so, and was driven to the spot where it rested until this past weekend. I can reasonably assume that the engine +tranny in this car are in working condition. To what extent, I do not know, but for someone looking for a used engine+tranny, this would make a pretty good deal on an engine that I will not market or sell (or as the price for) as working, but may very well in fact turn over and run with minimal additional work/investment.

So, other than that, the car is pretty much complete. It's a manual, 82, with grey interior. If anyone is looking for certain parts, send me a PM and I will start to compile a list.

The car is currently in Southern PA. However, I am making two trips out to the NE PA/NJ area in January and April, so if you are interested in some of the larger parts (engine/tranny, etc) I can bring them out that way as well. As far as the frame/body, those will have to be picked up, I'm not going to deal with transporting them at this point in time.

So, again, send me a PM if you have an interest in any of the parts. I will be tearing the car down in mid-January, and will provide a more detailed list + pics at that point.

Thanks!

Dangermouse
12-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Morbidly I'd like to see pics of it as-is.

VIN, for the records?

Kenny_Z
12-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Pm sent. Aaaand I just remember another part I'm looking for. Another PM to be sent...

Nick774
12-24-2012, 12:46 AM
PM SENT! this would be a jackpot for me.:wrenchin:

eagle-co94
12-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Got pics?

Morpheus
12-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Pm sent.

uhhair
12-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks for all the messages guys! I've gotten about 20 so far and they keep pouring in. Keep sending them my way! I'll respond to everyone!

Right now, the tear-down date for the car is scheduled for January 19, 2013. I have a bunch of other DeLorean owners coming over to help strip down the car, and we'll organize the parts, take pictures, etc. After that is when you will see me post the majority of the pics, etc.

On a side note, if anyone lives somewhat local to the York, PA area and would like to come to inspect the parts, help tear the car down (and meet some rad DeLorean owners), etc, and take away some of the larger, bulkier parts at that time (panels, engine, tranny, frame, body, etc), let me know, I'm completely open to that. Okay, thanks guys!

uhhair
01-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Just an update, the parts car has been mostly disassembled. All of the interior parts are out of the car, as are all of the parts on the top of the engine (entire fuel system, intake, etc).

Both torsion bars are removed, and are in good working order.

We still have to remove the suspension items, and then pull the engine/tranny.

The fiberglass tub has damage on the front left side, but not too serious, it could be repaired. The frame is completely shot. If anyone wants it, I'm willing to give it away to the first person who wants to haul it away.

I will be posting pics of the items removed tomorrow (at least most of them, and the common ones).

If you are looking for anything specific, feel free to post here or send me a PM. IF you sent me a PM previously, I have tried to respond, and I will let you know when pics of the items requested are posted.

I am not going to part out the engine or the tranny, I will be selling the engine complete, and the tranny complete. I am willing to part out the fuel system, shift linkages, etc and anything else though. I will also sell the engine + tranny as a package if desired.

Hit me up, trying to move most of these items as quickly as possible! Pics coming tomorrow!!

uhhair
01-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Pics posted here guys!

If you are looking for something and don't see it in the pictures thus far, just ask!

Thanks!

http://s1209.beta.photobucket.com/user/spcymonkey/library/Delorean%20Parts

jackb
01-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Does the radio work? Please PM me a price for that too.

mike3112
02-02-2013, 03:43 PM
I want the engine, trans, basically everything in the engine bay. exhaust, muffler, harness, coolant tank, air cleaner. Right rear quarter panel if it's almost perfect. Spare tire. Let me know what you want. Here's my cell. 240-994-0682. I live in Maryland. I can help take the parts off and haul them away. I'm about two hours away.

Okay, so I have recently acquired a wrecked DeLorean that has limited value other than as a parts car, so I will be stripping it down and selling off the parts. First, let me list the bad:

No Left Front Fender, Front Fascia, Front Grille, Front Bumper, or Headlights (due to the wreck)

Frame is extensively rusted, may or may not be able to be saved, have not examined completely yet.

Fiberglass body is damaged up front as well, not sure how extensively yet either.

Rear Louvers are cracked, but a Fiberglass repair person could most likely repair them easily, is still in one piece.

Front windshield is cracked

Now, a list of the parts that were not included with the car for one reason or another:

No Seats (had aftermarket seats in it)

No Steering Wheel (aftermarket one instead)

No Shifter knob (aftermarket one instead)

And, on top of all of this, the car is painted yellow. Now, I do not currently know the condition of the panels underneath, but as I have stripped the paint on my own DeLorean in the past, I will be stripping the paint off of this car as well. If anyone is interested in the panels as they currently are however and is willing to make me a decent offer for them, let me know via PM before I strip them. Every panel but the left front is there, and they appear to be straight, with all glass intact, etc.

Now, for the (potentially) good about this car. This DeLorean has only been sitting for 3 years or so, and was driven to the spot where it rested until this past weekend. I can reasonably assume that the engine +tranny in this car are in working condition. To what extent, I do not know, but for someone looking for a used engine+tranny, this would make a pretty good deal on an engine that I will not market or sell (or as the price for) as working, but may very well in fact turn over and run with minimal additional work/investment.

So, other than that, the car is pretty much complete. It's a manual, 82, with grey interior. If anyone is looking for certain parts, send me a PM and I will start to compile a list.

The car is currently in Southern PA. However, I am making two trips out to the NE PA/NJ area in January and April, so if you are interested in some of the larger parts (engine/tranny, etc) I can bring them out that way as well. As far as the frame/body, those will have to be picked up, I'm not going to deal with transporting them at this point in time.

So, again, send me a PM if you have an interest in any of the parts. I will be tearing the car down in mid-January, and will provide a more detailed list + pics at that point.

Thanks!

nullset
02-02-2013, 04:05 PM
I tried PM'ing you a few days ago and your box was full!

Is it a manual or an auto?

I'm still interested in the headlight switch.

--buddy

cdrusn
02-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Has anyone ever received a reply on their parts requests? I sent 2 PMs, never got an answer. I thought there was a new thread but now I can't find that. :screwy:

eagle-co94
02-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Since he still hasn't answered the first question posted, which was what is the VIN number of the car I find this interesting. Forum rules clearly state that prices must be posted, and it appears as though all of the information has now gone behind the scenes.

I for one would like to see pictures of the car before disassembly and know prices of parts since I am currently working on a car that's really only a shell and needs lots of parts.

Kenny_Z
02-03-2013, 04:18 PM
I think this is the thread you're talking about: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?6117-Grey-Interior-Trim-Pieces-Other-General-Trim

I've been in contact with him as recently as yesterday about some parts and paint stripping tech.

eagle-co94
02-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Looks like this thread should be locked and directed to the other one since that one isn't getting activity which is where posts should go.

uhhair
02-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Guys, sorry if I haven't gotten back for you. I'm literally getting overwhelmed with parts requests via e-mail, messages here, etc. I am trying to do my best to keep up though! There are times my inbox has filled up to the max too, so I'm trying to cut down on that right now. If I haven't gotten back to you, send me another message and remind me and I promise I'll get back to you asap. Sorry, I guess when it rains it pours with this stuff though! Grateful so many people have reached out to me, just honestly I never expected this much of a response!

SIMid
02-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Was this the yellow Delorean that I had posted several pictures on yr Facebook page? Black wheels and homemade front grille? ;)

I had a look at the pics on the link, but didn't see what I was looking for.

Have you got, the Driver's side door vent for sale?

uhhair
02-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Homemade, that's the one!

And I do, PM me if you're interested. Thanks!

Dangermouse
02-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Was this the yellow Delorean that I had posted several pictures on yr Facebook page? Black wheels and homemade front grille? ;)

Could you post those here, please also, Simon?

thanks

ed77katr
04-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Im looking for a RF Amber marker side marker light. Im in NJ but have a friend I visit on Rt 24 in York. I can pick up if ya have one. Feel free to call me 267 738 1122 or email [email protected] Thx Ed