PDA

View Full Version : Trapped!

Jacko
12-27-2012, 07:56 AM
My ex-wife is trapped in the snowstorm in Little Rock. She went to her empty apartment to clean it for the last time before coming home ... we are getting back together after several years. She has no power, no heat, no food, her cell phone's batteries are dead. She can't get to her car and couldn't go anywhere if she could. She does have a couple of blankets and is sleeping on the floor. Entergy is saying it may be seven days before power is restored. I've called 911, called the State Police, the Sheriff ... anyone I can think of only to be told there is nothing I can do. Of course there are thousands more in similar situations and my heart goes out to them.

Please remember these people in your prayers. What's frustrating is there is nothing I can do ...

sorry if I have this posted this in the wrong forum

OverlandMan
12-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Man that's terrible. Hope she makes it out of there soon. We southern folks don't have all the infrastructure that the northern folks have for this kind of weather. It really cripples things.

Dangermouse
12-27-2012, 12:30 PM
That's awful.

Can she go stay at a neighbors apt that has heat/food?

sdg3205
12-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Is there a local member who can come to her aide?

Jacko
12-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Cheryl is on her way home. I never expected this ordeal to end so quickly. She said a total stranger on a huge tractor dug her car out from under the snow and pulled it to a place she could drive. He waved goodbye and went to another car in need ... a good samaritan of the first order.

I appreciate the concerns of the members here. Pretty scary stuff.

ccurzio
12-27-2012, 05:23 PM
What in the hell... did a cat fall asleep on your keyboard before you submitted your post? I might have to edit it for you because that's a lot of unnecessary noise and whitespace.

Glad she's all right, though. Every so often there's a spark that restores, even a little, my faith in humanity.

Dangermouse
12-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Not whitespace.

Snow. !

Just giving us an idea of what it was like ;)

ccurzio
12-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Edited. Holy balls, what an effort.