PDA

View Full Version : General beeping

MTDMC
01-07-2013, 09:02 PM
I heard this beeping on other Deloreans but not my car. The car beeps after the car is shut off. In this video I hear this beeping and was wondering what it's used for? The beeping starts at 2:30 in the video and it repeats. I tried searching online with no luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsb6lNuohhM

Citizen
01-07-2013, 09:13 PM
I heard this beeping on other Deloreans but not my car. The car beeps after the car is shut off. In this video I hear this beeping and was wondering what it's used for? The beeping starts at 2:30 in the video and it repeats. I tried searching online with no luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsb6lNuohhM

Honestly don't know, but it sounds a little bit like a key-left-in-ignition warning sound.

Thomas

MTDMC
01-07-2013, 09:32 PM
The beeping comes after the warning sound.

Mike F
01-07-2013, 10:56 PM
I am 99.9% certain that what you are hearing there is the "faceplate warning" tone from a Pioneer deck. If that feature is not turned off, it will beep when the car is turned off to remind you to remove the faceplate. This makes sense here, since he is repeatedly turning the key on and off.

Mike F
01-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Just went out and shot a quick video of the deck in my wife's car...

http://youtu.be/n2VcJBGH5qo

I'm pretty sure this is what we're hearing in that video above.

Bitsyncmaster
01-08-2013, 05:15 AM
My car has a beep when I turn the key off. I do think it is the radio which also has a removable face plate.

DeLorean03
01-08-2013, 07:15 AM
It is the Pioneer faceplate. I hear the exact, same identical beep when I switch my car off.

I love those kinds of questions :D!

ccurzio
01-08-2013, 08:43 AM
I was going to say, it's probably the stereo. Mine is the "Sony beep" like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEbGeX5ekwM

MTDMC
01-08-2013, 03:25 PM
My car has a beep when I turn the key off. I do think it is the radio which also has a removable face plate.

Is your radio factory? I heard the beeping in Deloreans with the factory radio.

Bitsyncmaster
01-08-2013, 04:45 PM

Mine is a Sony with a tape deck and remote 10 disk player.

ccurzio
01-08-2013, 05:45 PM

Pretty sure you didn't.

Tillsy
01-08-2013, 06:40 PM

In that case it must be the plutonium chamber doing the beeping?

DMCMW Dave
01-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Pretty sure you didn't.

Unless there was some out of the ordinarly alarm system involved - there are some strange ones out there. But I agree, there is nothing in a stock DeLorean that would or even could do this.

MTDMC
01-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Pretty sure you didn't.

I did hear a beeping. It not as loud as the key warning sound.

ccurzio
01-11-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm not saying you didn't hear a beeping, I'm saying whatever you heard isn't stock and is most likely a modern stereo.

Dave also had a good thought with the weird alarm system idea, but the sound in the first video you posted is definitely the pioneer faceplate alarm.

MTDMC
01-11-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm not saying you didn't hear a beeping, I'm saying whatever you heard isn't stock and is most likely a modern stereo.

Dave also had a good thought with the weird alarm system idea, but the sound in the first video you posted is definitely the pioneer faceplate alarm.

I see what you're saying.

DMCMW Dave
01-11-2013, 11:17 AM
I've also heard some stock DMC key buzzers may some very unusual noises.

Ron
01-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Other than one Of Bitsy's RPM relays, my car is stock down to the Craig ;-)
If I let the D's battery go fairly low and try to start it too soon (cranks a bit but too slow to fire off), I almost always get a sound from under the dash slightly higher than the stock buzzer, which will continue until I try to start it again or remove the charger for a second. I suspect it is caused by the severe voltage drop...and a relay "singing" all due to crappy filter in the charger....
Chuck's does this too....