PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Looking for an Auto. transmission governor

AugustneverEnds
01-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Anyone have a governor they are looking to sell? I'm located in Central New York. I can be reached at [email protected] or call/ text at 315-412-9483. My name is Nick. Thanks

Jonathan
01-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Hi Nick,

Do you have a core governor already by chance? If you have the one off your car and are looking to make it work again, most vendors can rebuild yours with a better technology that isn't so prone to failing like the originals were. The main concern is whether the wires coming off it are melted or damaged. It can generally be repaired, but just be up front with the condition of yours prior to sending it in as a core.

If you are looking for an entirely new one all together, that may prove slightly more difficult. One option would be to locate a parts car that has a governor available, and then maybe use it as your core for it to be rebuilt.

My governor had failed prior to me buying my car, and I had a good experience with DMCMW helping me make it work again. I can't speak to exactly what electronics are now inside it, but the problems I had with my automatic not shifting from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd until very late/high RPMs, don't happen anymore. Well worth the money to get it rebuilt.

Delorean Industries
01-16-2013, 02:21 PM
I sent an email to the supplied address.