PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Dashboard lights question

Stainless
06-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Driving around at night in the D made me realize how poorly lit my dashboard seems to be. The dimmer switch is working great and it's cranked to the brightest setting. One thing I noticed was that I can clearly see the trip odometer mileage because there is a light behind it, but I can't see the regular odometer because it is not lit up.

Is this normal, or is there a light burned out behind there? I was hoping the picture below would help answer that question, but it really didn't:
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w57/jlattin21/dash-rear.jpg

I will be replacing the dash in the near future and would like to have bulbs on hand. Are there LED replacements for the lights in the dash?

jmpdmc
06-30-2011, 09:15 PM
I have used these #194 LED bulbs since 2005 and they cast a uniform light in the instrument cluster: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2FWLED-x6.htm#photos I can tell you the 5-LED bulbs with 1 LED center and 4 radial are not bright enough.

Jeff

jawn101
06-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Be very careful replacing the dash lights with LEDs - I'd recognize Hervey's photos from a mile away, and if you ask him he will tell you in no uncertain terms - the lamp in the battery indicator is an important part of the charging system. If you put an LED back there, you will have issues with your electrical system. I bet Dave will have more detailed brilliance to share on the matter, but I'm just relaying the advice I was given - don't fool with that bulb in particular.

Good luck!

GS450-Junkie
06-30-2011, 11:17 PM
just keep the battery light as a regular bulb...put led's in for the rest. You'll never regret it.....

sorry...only picture I have right now.

jawn101
06-30-2011, 11:19 PM
just keep the battery light as a regular bulb...put led's in for the rest. You'll never regret it.....

sorry...only picture I have right now.

I'd definitely love to see some better pics of that!

MartyP
06-30-2011, 11:49 PM
I did the LED change and I love it. all except the battery light.

I cant remember if I installed the 5 or 6 LED for the white ones (green connectors).

1batt4u
06-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Speaking about the dashboard lights, anyone here has the El-Glo dash kit??

If possible, to post pictures of the el-glo kit in the dash, lit up!!!

Thank you!!!

john 05141
07-01-2011, 03:17 AM
Rob from Holland has this El-Glo in his car. It might be he does not know yet this forum is active again. I've seen it but decided not to buy because I understood from Rob the adheve backing lets go, and it did create some problems. He demonstrated it to me at dawn, and the brightness was also poor. But Rob had a way to fix that I believe.
Also the owner of the yellow D with the trailer has this in his car.

I bought superbright leds and installed it in my car, bright enough for me. Look at the picture.
I had blue ones in there at first, but it was too blue for me. after changing to white, I forgot the blue one in the day counter. But I do not mind, adds some color.

John

Ashyukun
07-01-2011, 08:48 AM
One of these days I should take a picture of my LED-replaced dash- I put in almost all red LEDs instead of white to make night driving easier on my eyes (and I like the way it looks- I also did the same in my Saturn recently).

Bitsyncmaster
07-01-2011, 09:21 AM
One of these days I should take a picture of my LED-replaced dash- I put in almost all red LEDs instead of white to make night driving easier on my eyes (and I like the way it looks- I also did the same in my Saturn recently).

Red is the best to aid night vision. Aircraft use red instrument illumination lights and your backup flash light has a red filter.

My son's G6 car has red instrumentation but I can't say I like it more than blue or white.

DMC02766
07-01-2011, 09:36 AM
I have the LED's in mine and I love it. I have attached the LED part numbers from superbrightleds.com that I used (these references came from the sites listed on the documents- I didnt come up with it on my own). I also have attached a picture of my instrument cluster lit up with them and my tag with the LED festoon bulbs. It is a very clean, evenly lit look to the cluster although- as others have said, I didnt change out the battery bulb with one because of the circuit needing the added resistance of the incandescent bulb.

DMC02766
07-01-2011, 09:40 AM
I recommend the 5 WLED 6- for the back white LED's because they are brighter than the normal regular white led's.

Stainless
07-01-2011, 11:21 AM
I have the LED's in mine and I love it. I have attached the LED part numbers from superbrightleds.com that I used (these references came from the sites listed on the documents- I didnt come up with it on my own). I also have attached a picture of my instrument cluster lit up with them and my tag with the LED festoon bulbs. It is a very clean, evenly lit look to the cluster although- as others have said, I didnt change out the battery bulb with one because of the circuit needing the added resistance of the incandescent bulb.

That is a great resource. This should be put in the resource section, if it isn't already. That looks so much better than my instrument cluster. I plan on doing this when I replace my dashboard. Thanks for the info.

Notifier
07-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Red is the best to aid night vision. Aircraft use red instrument illumination lights and your backup flash light has a red filter.

My son's G6 car has red instrumentation but I can't say I like it more than blue or white.

I changed out the map lights in all my vehicles to red bulbs. It actually works out really good. When I need to look at something really quick, like directions, I can turn them on and it doesn't mess with my night vision. If I need to see something with white light, I just turn on the dome light switch. I was accidentally driving down the road one night with my red map light on and didn't even realize it for a while.

DeLorean03
07-01-2011, 06:14 PM
I bought superbright leds and installed it in my car, bright enough for me. Look at the picture.
I had blue ones in there at first, but it was too blue for me. after changing to white, I forgot the blue one in the day counter. But I do not mind, adds some color.

John

Which ones did you purchase?

john 05141
07-05-2011, 06:44 AM
It has been 2 years, I do not know, but I have the invoice, I'll look it up.
btw I also only replaced the illumination, not the warning lights.
I also replaced them in the console, especially the "Lock doors" light.

John

robvanderveer
07-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Rob here. I am one of the owner who installed the Speedhut illuminated dash boards. I've not been on this forum for a while so excuse me for my late response.

I am currently waiting on a good picture of the dashboard taken by some good friends while i was on the EuroTec 2011 event. She has a quality camera and (i hope) was able to capture the effect.

In my opinion: don't go Speedhut. There are some reasons: first of all, the decals are a pain to install. Secondly the effect is not as massive as some of the advertisements seem. Thirdly, there is some bleeding of light, and finally fourth: you will lose the 80's feel of the multi-colored detailed gauges.

On the plus side (and that is why i am sticking with them): it really is a very very very subtle nice blue glow to the dash. #2 it is different from other D's, #3 it saves a lot of power and heat compared to stock bulbs (yes the HVAC section), and #4: going back to stock would mean I would have to remove glue I used to keep them fixed.

MartyP
07-07-2011, 10:08 PM
This is mine

Blue LED in center console and a red for the heat.

And if I remember the white ones in the dash are 6 LED for all except where the trip meter is it's a 5 LED (it's a wider beam).

I changed also all the other light except the battery one.

1batt4u
07-08-2011, 01:11 AM
I really like the A/C panel blue lights!!!!

jmettee
07-08-2011, 05:32 AM
I had great results using SuperBirghtLEDs.com 's WLED-WHP (http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2FWLED-xHP.htm)

Here are the before/after pics the best I can capture with my camera. Driving at night is so much better with the better dash illumination. I replaced the backlighting as well as hi beam/low beam & turn signal bulbs. All other red LEDs remained bulbs due to low usage time. The headlight LEDs are so bright I can see the blue & green indicators in the brightest time of day where I couldn't easily tell with the normal bulbs.

Jeremy Popp
07-08-2011, 02:17 PM
http://www.deloreanweb.com/files/event20.jpg

Using Superbright leds

MartyP
07-08-2011, 09:33 PM
yep, superbright leds for me too.

Farrar
07-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Ok, I have to pull the binnacle soon for another job anyway, so I think I will do this mod. I already have LEDs in the HVAC panel, so what should I put on my shopping list for the binnacle/gauge bulbs?

Edit: I am assuming no one used these units (http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&category=CAR&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2FWLED-WHP6-D.htm) because they are too large?

Thanks,
Farrar

jawn101
07-12-2011, 11:12 AM
What's the P/N for the LEDs you guys used in the HVAC panel? They look killer :)

Also, I see a lot of you guys have bright red hazard switches - Mine doesn't even glow. I assume there's a bulb inside that must be burned out? Is there an LED replacement for it or do you guys have a fancy new switch from somewhere? :)

Farrar
07-12-2011, 11:24 AM
Also, I see a lot of you guys have bright red hazard switches - Mine doesn't even glow. I assume there's a bulb inside that must be burned out? Is there an LED replacement for it or do you guys have a fancy new switch from somewhere? :)

If you remove the blue plastic piece from behind the hazard and headlight switch buttons, you can replace the bulbs with a blue LED for headlights and red LED for hazards.

I bought my bulbs (from SuperbrightLEDs.com) so long ago that I can't remember the part number, but I do remember the trick needed to get them to work: the wires on the bottom are long enough to touch on both sides, so you have to carefully unbend them and snip off about half their length so that only one wire touches the socket on each side. Insert them and make sure the polarity is correct, and you're good to go -- you can throw toss blue plastic inserts away.

Farrar

jawn101
07-12-2011, 01:23 PM
If you remove the blue plastic piece from behind the hazard and headlight switch buttons, you can replace the bulbs with a blue LED for headlights and red LED for hazards.

I bought my bulbs (from SuperbrightLEDs.com) so long ago that I can't remember the part number, but I do remember the trick needed to get them to work: the wires on the bottom are long enough to touch on both sides, so you have to carefully unbend them and snip off about half their length so that only one wire touches the socket on each side. Insert them and make sure the polarity is correct, and you're good to go -- you can throw toss blue plastic inserts away.

Farrar

Awesome, thanks Farrar. Would definitely love it if anyone has the P/Ns for the switch and HVAC panel bulbs though so I can put an order together :)

DeLorean03
07-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Awesome, thanks Farrar. Would definitely love it if anyone has the P/Ns for the switch and HVAC panel bulbs though so I can put an order together :)

For the A/C panel, you want the BA7 lights as seen here:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2Fba7s.htm

Depending on your taste or color of the A/C panel, you can literally choose any combination of colors. I personally did 1 red and 3 blue.

The Hazard light switch, headlight switch, and cigarette lighter ring all use the 74-x light. It is under "Instrument Panel and Gauge LED Wedge Base bulbs" (near the bottom of the page) on this page:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fmini-wedge.html

I used blue for the headlight switch, red of the hazard light switch, and green for the cigarette lighter.

DeLorean03
07-12-2011, 02:11 PM
So many moons ago I did the dash lights with blue and white - 2 different setups as everyone here has done. I had bad luck - bulbs would get loose or led's would burn out - got fed up and went back to regular bulbs. Now I'm gonna try the SMD LEDs. I see one or two have gone SMD LED - and that got me curious. So, I went all out and ordered these bad boys:

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp280/arracing09/LED/39daa088.jpg?t=1281836403

12 SMD LED's on each bulb. When I turn on my dash, everyone's going to think I hit 88mph =P.....

jawn101
07-12-2011, 02:23 PM
For the A/C panel, you want the BA7 lights as seen here:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2Fba7s.htm

Depending on your taste or color of the A/C panel, you can literally choose any combination of colors. I personally did 1 red and 3 blue.

The Hazard light switch, headlight switch, and cigarette lighter ring all use the 74-x light. It is under "Instrument Panel and Gauge LED Wedge Base bulbs" (near the bottom of the page) on this page:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fmini-wedge.html

I used blue for the headlight switch, red of the hazard light switch, and green for the cigarette lighter.

Any idea if we can use the 74-xHP? They have the SMD diodes and a wider beam

1batt4u
07-12-2011, 02:36 PM
http://www.deloreanweb.com/files/event20.jpg

Using Superbright leds

Nice..... real nice!!!

Looks like I will do the same thing!! I was thinking about doing El-Glo, but a few people sais they've had problems.

What exact bulbs did you use??

DeLorean03
07-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Any idea if we can use the 74-xHP? They have the SMD diodes and a wider beam

It shoudnt be a problem for the headlight and hazard switch. The only thing I would question is if the SMD LED is too big for the opening. It's like this:

Within the switches, there's a lil clip that twists and pulls out of the main body of the switch. In that clip is where the light sits. You can put the LED 74-x back in, reinsert clip into main body of switch, turn a bit til it "locks" and you're done. For the 74-xHP, I think...I think you could - only question I'd have is the lil SMD square too big? For the price, I would order one of each just to see.

I will tell you, the 74-x gives you PLENTY of light. A SMD in those switches would be overkill. Then again, I kinda am using LED bulbs with 12 SMD's on each for my dash, so it's ironic I'm telling you about over kill =P....

EDIT: I just looked at the picture of the 74-xHP - it should fit with no problem.

jawn101
07-12-2011, 03:30 PM
It shoudnt be a problem for the headlight and hazard switch. The only thing I would question is if the SMD LED is too big for the opening. It's like this:

Within the switches, there's a lil clip that twists and pulls out of the main body of the switch. In that clip is where the light sits. You can put the LED 74-x back in, reinsert clip into main body of switch, turn a bit til it "locks" and you're done. For the 74-xHP, I think...I think you could - only question I'd have is the lil SMD square too big? For the price, I would order one of each just to see.

I will tell you, the 74-x gives you PLENTY of light. A SMD in those switches would be overkill. Then again, I kinda am using LED bulbs with 12 SMD's on each for my dash, so it's ironic I'm telling you about over kill =P....

EDIT: I just looked at the picture of the 74-xHP - it should fit with no problem.

OK, cool to know :) If the 74-x is bright enough, then that's what matters. Not looking to recreate the surface of the sun or anything...

Here's another question.. does the rheostat still function to dim the LED binnacle lighting? I know LEDs don't really dim unless they are specifically designed to do so, and these bulb replacements don't seem to have the stepping circuitry you'd need. Do you just lose all ability to change the brightness?

DeLorean03
07-12-2011, 04:08 PM
OK, cool to know :) If the 74-x is bright enough, then that's what matters. Not looking to recreate the surface of the sun or anything...

Here's another question.. does the rheostat still function to dim the LED binnacle lighting? I know LEDs don't really dim unless they are specifically designed to do so, and these bulb replacements don't seem to have the stepping circuitry you'd need. Do you just lose all ability to change the brightness?

You are correct. The rheostat now basically turns the lights on or off - pretty much nothing in-between.

jawn101
07-12-2011, 04:09 PM
You are correct. The rheostat now basically turns the lights on or off - pretty much nothing in-between.

I wonder if our man Dave and his magic soldering iron have anything to say about that :)

Farrar
07-12-2011, 06:31 PM
The rheostat now basically turns the lights on or off - pretty much nothing in-between.

FWIW, I got rid of my rheostat and installed a jumper. Now my cruise control control pad lives where the rheostat used to be. Also FWIW, if you get white LED units to put in your HVAC panel, be prepared for blue HVAC panel lighting. I liked it so much I replaced the shifter bulb with LEDs, too so everything matches -- I tired of 1980s green.

Anyway, to get back to something mentioned earlier: my headlight and hazard switches just have the 1-LED unit and are nice and bright. I think if they got much brighter they'd be distracting, especially since I wired them to come on with the key instead of with the headlights.

Farrar

Bitsyncmaster
07-12-2011, 06:55 PM
I wonder if our man Dave and his magic soldering iron have anything to say about that :)

You would need a pulse width modulation (PWM) circuit to dim the dash LEDs. There is not much demand for dimming but now some of you guys are installing way to much LED power for the dash.

Making the circuit is not hard. The effort is to make a unit that just plugs in and looks stock.

jawn101
07-12-2011, 07:14 PM
You would need a pulse width modulation (PWM) circuit to dim the dash LEDs. There is not much demand for dimming but now some of you guys are installing way to much LED power for the dash.

Making the circuit is not hard. The effort is to make a unit that just plugs in and looks stock.

When you say too much LED power, what do you mean? I'm guessing some of those fires-of-hades bright mega-arrays, right? I can't picture a direct one-to-one drop in replacement of those incandescent bulbs with their single-LED counterparts being an excessive draw, much the opposite...

Bitsyncmaster
07-12-2011, 07:28 PM
When you say too much LED power, what do you mean? I'm guessing some of those fires-of-hades bright mega-arrays, right? I can't picture a direct one-to-one drop in replacement of those incandescent bulbs with their single-LED counterparts being an excessive draw, much the opposite...

No, not electrical power. To much light power (to bright). With the incandescents I never have to dim those so it stays on MAX all the time.

I'm still running incandescents in my dash but only because I've been to busy with other projects. I'm all for using LEDs on everything.

jawn101
07-12-2011, 07:29 PM
No, not electrical power. To much light power (to bright). With the incandescents I never have to dim those so it stays on MAX all the time.

I'm still running incandescents in my dash but only because I've been to busy with other projects. I'm all for using LEDs on everything.

Right on, I'm with ya.. hence the 'fires of hades' comment :)

Farrar
07-12-2011, 08:26 PM
You can buy a dimmer for $10 from Superbright; it just won't fit where the rheostat used to live.

Farrar

jawn101
07-12-2011, 08:56 PM
You can buy a dimmer for $10 from Superbright; it just won't fit where the rheostat used to live.

Farrar

I smell an opportunity for modification!!! :)

Ozzie
07-12-2011, 09:23 PM
This is what I used for my instrument cluster, about 3 years ago:
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2610&d=1310519710
I used Superbrightled.com's WLED-WH5 ("warm white") ones because I wanted more of an original incandescent look, and I chose the 220 beam versions. They light up just right for me (no need to dim), and with the wide beam angle, they fill in quite nicely. They're like $3 a piece, you'll need 5 (+10 other colored ones for the indicators).

This is a before and after LEDs, shot of my cluster.
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2611&d=1310519710
All indicators bulbs (except battery) were also replaced.

A full shopping list of these and other LED (and much more detail that you may want) here: DeLorean2109 Blog (http://delorean2109.blogspot.com/2011/07/going-100-leds-on-your-car-is-good-idea.html)

Fox2506
07-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Here's where someone uses WLED-x

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Delorean-LED-Instrument-Cluster-Conversion-Kit-/190534781700

I was thinking those would only be good for the indicators, while the 220 degree 5's would be best for illumination. Here's what I'm looking at buying.

WLED-WW5: Warm White x5
$ 19.70

WLED-G-120: Green 120 Degree x3
$ 4.17

WLED-B-120: Blue 120 Degree x1
$ 1.39

WLED-R-120: Red 120 Degree x5
$ 3.95

WLED-A-120: Amber 120 Degree x1
$ 0.79

Merchandise sub-total: $ 30.00

I think the round total says something.

jawn101
07-12-2011, 09:45 PM
I used Superbrightled.com's WLED-WH5 ("warm white") ones because I wanted more of an original incandescent look, and I chose the 220 beam versions. They light up just right for me (no need to dim), and with the wide beam angle, they fill in quite nicely.

That's a great tip, as I'd prefer a more traditional incandescent color quality as well. Cool!

Ozzie
07-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Here's where someone uses WLED-x

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Delorean-LED-Instrument-Cluster-Conversion-Kit-/190534781700

I wonder how those work out as opposed to the 5 or 6 LED. I was thinking this would be better for the indicators, while the 5 or 6's would be good for the illumination. Any thoughts?

When using LEDs for the instrument cluster illumination, you need the LED to simulate the incandescent bulb's very wide angle of coverage. This is because for this application, the socket is at a right angle to the face of the cluster. So if you just get an LED that has a narrow beam angle, the light will mostly be directed forward and not to the sides.

That is why I went with the 220 beam degree LEDs (5 light), those turned out to be a very good LED substitutes for this application.

EDIT: For the indicators, those LEDs only have to light through the lens in front of them, so you don't have the high beam angle requirements.

robvanderveer
07-14-2011, 08:03 AM
Here's a picture of the Speedhut EL gauges. It was taken at night with a long exposure to get the effect. If you look closely, you can see the footwell lighting too.

Stainless
07-14-2011, 02:48 PM
This is what I used for my instrument cluster, about 3 years ago:
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2610&d=1310519710
I used Superbrightled.com's WLED-WH5 ("warm white") ones because I wanted more of an original incandescent look, and I chose the 220 beam versions. They light up just right for me (no need to dim), and with the wide beam angle, they fill in quite nicely. They're like $3 a piece, you'll need 5 (+10 other colored ones for the indicators).

This is a before and after LEDs, shot of my cluster.
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2611&d=1310519710
All indicators bulbs (except battery) were also replaced.

A full shopping list of these and other LED (and much more detail that you may want) here: DeLorean2109 Blog (http://delorean2109.blogspot.com/2011/07/going-100-leds-on-your-car-is-good-idea.html)

Thanks for the great info. I just ordered the bulbs that you did using your blog to get the exact bulbs. Much appreciated!

jawn101
08-01-2011, 10:49 AM

I was just looking through these PDFs and some other threads to come up with a shopping list for LEDs, and I have a question about the binnacle light kit. In the PDF, it's listed as needing 5 White LEDs (backlighting), 3 Green (turn signals/headlight indicator), 1 Blue (brights indicator), 1 Amber (fuel indicator) and 4 Red. The problem is, there are 7 indicator lamps in the cluster - Door, Seatbelt, Lambda, Oil, Battery, Brake, and Fuel. Since I know the Fuel is going to be amber, and the battery must remain incandescent - does that mean we actually need 5 red bulbs, not 4?

DeLorean03
08-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Most people don't install a bulb in the lambda socket. I don't know what the correct method is to turn the lambda light off, as it basically is your "30000 mile service light" ; therefore, I have nothing installed in that socket. Made my life easier (: .... so I would say that's why only needing 4 red LEDs (: ...

jawn101
08-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Most people don't install a bulb in the lambda socket. I don't know what the correct method is to turn the lambda light off, as it basically is your "30000 mile service light" ; therefore, I have nothing installed in that socket. Made my life easier (: .... so I would say that's why only needing 4 red LEDs (: ...

Ahh, I gotcha. I can help with that! Courtesy of Hervey actually. It's easy to reset the counter.

1batt4u
04-04-2012, 02:59 AM
This is mine

Blue LED in center console and a red for the heat.

And if I remember the white ones in the dash are 6 LED for all except where the trip meter is it's a 5 LED (it's a wider beam).

I changed also all the other light except the battery one.

Hi, I was wondering what kind of LED bulbs did you use for the center console?? And what style bulb is the stock bulb??

Thank you!

john 05141
04-04-2012, 03:07 AM
I added blue LED's in my console too, and with new red LED's for hazard, blue LED window switches and a brand new blue clock with a memory battery. Great improvement.

John

1batt4u
04-04-2012, 03:15 AM
I added blue LED's in my console too, and with new red LED's for hazard, blue LED window switches and a brand new blue clock with a memory battery. Great improvement.

John

Looks good!! But my question was what kind/style LED bulbs to use?? lol

MML
04-04-2012, 05:51 AM

John

Hi John, can I ask where you got the clock? I think it's a great idea having the battery, and wouldn't mind doing the same thing!

john 05141
04-05-2012, 04:02 AM
I saw a complete list of LED's earlier in this thread, but I will get my invoice from Super Bright LED's to find out what they were exactely.

The Clock, I bought this from a guy in Holland. I have a batery switch and I switch it off when I will not be using the car in the next day or more. So the clock was always way off. Also the green color did not match with the blue lights, so this Guy called Maurice made this and sold me one. He has that in green and in blue.
. Is is all plug and play, except the plastic pins for the setting were a bit too long in my case, so I need to sand these down a bit. I have no idea is he still sells those. I will send him an e-mail and ask.
But it is a superb thing, I hooked it up and immediatemy the time was right. Now after the winter first time key in.. works perfectly.

John

Bitsyncmaster
04-05-2012, 04:50 AM
I saw a complete list of LED's earlier in this thread, but I will get my invoice from Super Bright LED's to find out what they were exactely.

The Clock, I bought this from a guy in Holland. I have a batery switch and I switch it off when I will not be using the car in the next day or more. So the clock was always way off. Also the green color did not match with the blue lights, so this Guy called Maurice made this and sold me one. He has that in green and in blue.
. Is is all plug and play, except the plastic pins for the setting were a bit too long in my case, so I need to sand these down a bit. I have no idea is he still sells those. I will send him an e-mail and ask.
But it is a superb thing, I hooked it up and immediatemy the time was right. Now after the winter first time key in.. works perfectly.

John

Wow that is a great looking custom made clock just for the D.

Ozzie
04-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Hi, I was wondering what kind of LED bulbs did you use for the center console?? And what style bulb is the stock bulb??

An LEDs/stock bulbs reference:
http://www.delorean2109.blogspot.com/2011/07/going-100-leds-on-your-car-is-good-idea.html

Also, for a clock alternative (displays better than OEM, more reliable as well):
http://delorean2109.blogspot.com/2008/03/delorean-clock-modern-update.html
http://delorean2109.blogspot.com/2008/05/delorean-clocks-gallery-of-updates.html

Hope these references help out.

jawn101
04-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Wow that is a great looking custom made clock just for the D.

If it's not being made anymore, sounds like another Dave project to me :)

Bitsyncmaster
04-05-2012, 02:20 PM
If it's not being made anymore, sounds like another Dave project to me :)

If I can find someone to produce my designs I would have more time to do what I like best.....design.

john 05141
04-06-2012, 02:45 AM
This clock is for sale.
The guy is on this forum too under the name DeloreanVIN
Send him a PM and you'll be able to order it. Not cheap, but to my opinion, very good!

John