PDA

View Full Version : General Dye worn spot on seat

Lenny
02-14-2013, 02:12 PM
I have a worn spot on my seat. What dye should I use or does anyone have any other ideas? I'm going to Celebration and I'd like to get that looking better.

After posting the picture I ran down staris to see if my seat was really a different color than the back, it's not.

David T
02-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Go to Leatherique.com. They have our colors on file. Read all of the info they have on leather on the website and then call them.
David Teitelbaum

Lenny
02-14-2013, 04:10 PM
I checked the website and went to the US dealers. I then called several in Florida but nobody answered the phone.

I also can't find anything on the website that says Delorean.

Do you have a dealer you have bought from?

pezzonovante88
02-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Go to Leatherique.com. They have our colors on file. Read all of the info they have on leather on the website and then call them.
David Teitelbaum

+1

David T
02-15-2013, 09:45 AM
I ordered it directly from Leatherique. I didn't use a dealer. They don't have everything listed on their website but if you call them they have it on file.
David Teitelbaum

sdg3205
02-15-2013, 12:55 PM
I ordered it directly from Leatherique. I didn't use a dealer. They don't have everything listed on their website but if you call them they have it on file.
David Teitelbaum

Was the color match spot on?

David T
02-15-2013, 02:07 PM
The color is correct but if you are only trying to do a spot repair it will appear a different color because on the rest of the seat the color has faded because of sun damage. You will probably have to redye both seats so everything matches. The problem with doing the whole seat is you will also dye the white stitching. Remember only the seating surfaces are leather, not the sides or back. Other leather includes the door pull straps, the steering wheel, and if a 5-speed, the shift boot. All of the rest of the interior is either glass, plastic, carpet or vinyl.
David Teitelbaum