PDA

View Full Version : General Automobile Magazine Aug 11 Article

Dangermouse
07-02-2011, 07:00 AM
Just got my mag in the mail.

The DeLorean is the "Collectible Classic" in this months Automobile (I.e. August 2011) Magazine.

On the shelves now.

Generally positive with a nice owners car as the subject. Unusual steering wheel.

Edit - just got the iPad version too - fantastic pictures.

Ozzie
07-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Yup, got up this morning and found the latest copy of Automobile magazine on the kitchen table. Opened the cover and in a few page turn, was pleasantly surprised to see a small table of content picture with a DeLorean in it. Skipped right to the article, as I had a late breakfast, then came here to see if anyone had posted about it.

Very well written article, 2 pages with pictures, factual, and very complimentary. It's in the section where they typically highlight older collectible (or worthy of being) cars. I can only assume this will help the brand.

Oh, and there's even a great line about K-jet in the write up. :shock:
Sorry I don't have a scanner; get it or check it out, this is not an obscure magazine, it is easily found.

Domi
07-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Does anyone have a copy of the cover?
I'd like to find one one ebay.

Ozzie
07-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Does anyone have a copy of the cover?
I'd like to find one one ebay.

Here ya go:
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=2012&d=1309628353

Domi
07-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Thank you very much :wink:

Cory W
07-02-2011, 04:14 PM
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/collectible_classic/1108_1981_1983_de_lorean_collectible_classic/index.html

Iznodmad
07-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Oops, somebody put the shift knob on upside-down!

DeLorean03
07-02-2011, 09:56 PM
I got the magazine. Very good article. I'm gonna cut these pages out and highlight some "key" things said such as: "If you think keeping your stainless steel refrigerator clean is tough, imagine an entire car in the sunlight" and a couple other choice select things, and these will go on my windshield at car shows (:

Chris Burns
07-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Got my copy. Good write up!.:nana2:

There is also a good article on the BMW M1.

SoCalDMC12
07-03-2011, 02:53 AM
Nice article. Good to see some positive coverage in a mainstream car magazine. I'm surprised they used a car with an aftermarket wheel and shifter. Typically they try to picture cars that are pretty stock. A reader who is unfamiliar with Deloreans may assume that this is how they came from the factory.

SIMid
07-03-2011, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the link, really enjoyed reading the article. Honest opinion and didnt flog the hell out of the D in a negative way. Should had topped it off that there are plentiful stockpile of parts and a world support of owners around the globe. :)

DeLorean03
07-03-2011, 06:05 AM
A reader who is unfamiliar with Deloreans may assume that this is how they came from the factory.

Boy, if that was the extent of the misnomers, wrong facts, judgments, and misconceptions - I think I would be in heaven.

Ozzie
07-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Nice article. Good to see some positive coverage in a mainstream car magazine. I'm surprised they used a car with an aftermarket wheel and shifter. Typically they try to picture cars that are pretty stock. A reader who is unfamiliar with Deloreans may assume that this is how they came from the factory.

Actually that is covered, in the print version. On one picture caption it does state that the featured car has an aftermarket steering wheel and shifter knob. Also in another picture caption, it states that the car has been lowered and has had the wheels chromed.

Jonathan
07-03-2011, 11:24 AM
http://www.automobilemag.com/features/collectible_classic/1108_1981_1983_de_lorean_collectible_classic/index.html

I may have to use the line about the frame being a "double flux capacitor" the next time someone asks me this at a car show. You could really get someone going if you said that was on purpose, with the movie coming after the car, alternate timelines, etc., etc. HAHAHA!

EDIT: If I was better with Photoshop I think I would try to edit the explodaview image of the frame with an overlay of the flux capacitor, LOL. And put that in my windshield :)