PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Tinted tailights Lens? For Hire

FLYBOY
04-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Last month I saw someone posted a method to tint the rear tail light lens.
Since I'm 100% LED now, I think it looks really good.
Anyway I was wondering if that individual or anyone would be interested in doing that for me, if I shipped them.
And what would that cost-really whatever's fair is fine with me.
Since I can't find the thread and I really have no free time the next couple of months, and really want to do this mod.

You can PM me or let me know on this board
Thanks

Michael
04-07-2013, 11:52 PM
This is an easy DIY mod. Scuff the lens with 800, and mask off the inside grid and clear. You can even buy the tint in a spray can at most auto parts stores(in the rice section). I personally wouldn't do it that way though as it ruins the lenses' chance to go back to stock. I think the best method(and far better looking) is to order a piece of clear lexan the size of the rear fascia opening, make a template of the opening and cut to shape. Spray it from the inside with transparent smoke out I mentioned earlier remembering to fade it clear where your tag is for legal purposes. If you can get away with a tinted tag, order the lexan already smoked, cut to shape, attach with velcro or industrial tape.

Cartman
04-08-2013, 04:31 AM
Hi, I would stay clear of that as well, I personaly think it's best to keep it as original as posible.

Also, not shure about the US, but in europe that is actualy ilegal, as there has to be visible red reflectors at the back of the car..
just thought you should know :)

LEVY
04-08-2013, 08:36 AM
.................You can even buy the tint in a spray can at most auto parts stores(in the rice section)................

By "rice section" you meant carbureted section? :D

LEVY

Mike C.
04-08-2013, 09:08 AM
It's a product called Night Shades. It's basically a spray tint. Costs about 15 bucks.

Spray it on the inside of your lenses, thin coats. Let dry...

Patrick C
04-08-2013, 09:21 AM
It's a product called Night Shades. It's basically a spray tint. Costs about 15 bucks.

Spray it on the inside of your lenses, thin coats. Let dry...

How is this even possible on our lenses? I imagine it would be impossible to spray something evenly on the inside of the lens.

Starglider
04-08-2013, 11:33 AM
How is this even possible on our lenses? I imagine it would be impossible to spray something evenly on the inside of the lens.

Shouldn't be too hard with the fascia off and the light boards removed. Personally I would use pieces of neutral filter gel cut to the appropriate shape, easier to remove.

Stanislav
02-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Hi, use black plasti dip. it is a spray on rubber coating. It can go back to stock if wanted, does let light through, and also does not cause any damage to the lights.

ccurzio
02-18-2014, 05:36 PM
This thought process never made sense to me. Why would you possibly ever want to REDUCE the visibility of your tail-lights?

Dangermouse
02-18-2014, 05:53 PM
It's murdered, innit.