PDA

View Full Version : Stainless steel shift knobs - polished or brushed

Tomcio
04-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Tom and I am the guy who brought you the Extended Convex mirrors for the DeLorean. Today I would like to offer another product...
Some time ago I have made a short production run of 25 stainless steel replacement shift knobs. They are the same size as the original plastic knob but made of solid stainless steel. They are heavy at over 300 grams of solid SS.
I have sold five of them on the DML and then the company that did the laser marking went under. So, the knobs were sitting on my shelf for a few years until I was able to find another laser engraver capable of the same quality work. Now they are available again after about seven years! Again, those are the knobs that I have had made years ago. There will be no more!
I have advertised them recently on the DML and someone has suggested that I post here as well. So, here they are...

There are two finishes available:
Mirror polished and brushed stainless
18395 18396

And two engraving designs:
DMC logo and original shift pattern
18397 18398

Each one is $100 with FREE priority international shipping.

If you'd like more details you can check out my little page here:
http://tinyurl.com/delorean-mirrors

Let me know by private email if you are interested.

Greetings from Poland!
Tom Niemczewski
Vin 6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 16473, 17086
Google earth: 52°25'17.66"N, 21° 1'58.40"E

thirdmanj
04-21-2013, 03:47 PM
These look great man!

Domi
04-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Yes indeed, this is really nice!

Andy
04-22-2013, 07:01 AM
Just a quick question in between: these VIN-numbers under your name, are these all your DeLoreans?

Tomcio
04-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Just a quick question in between: these VIN-numbers under your name, are these all your DeLoreans?

Andy, yes, I do have a small collection ;)
I just need one more and I can get vanity plates "Monday, Tuesday..." and then I'll have a "different" car for every day of the week ;)

In reality they are all waiting to be restored. Of the 6 cars that I have none of them run. But they will....
It was a package deal from one person that I just could not resist.

Andy
04-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Andy, yes, I do have a small collection ;)
I just need one more and I can get vanity plates "Monday, Tuesday..." and then I'll have a "different" car for every day of the week ;)

In reality they are all waiting to be restored. Of the 6 cars that I have none of them run. But they will....
It was a package deal from one person that I just could not resist.

Sorry to go a bit off topic here, but you have pictures of your 'collection'?

Tomcio
04-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Andy,
Hard to believe? ;)
The collection is really here.

This is vin 6149 - frame off restoration:

This is the rest of the pack:

Not much has changed since those pictures were taken except that my engine and transmission are done.

Domi
04-22-2013, 05:21 PM
How lucky you are :hihi:

Andy
04-23-2013, 02:31 AM
Andy,
Hard to believe? ;)
The collection is really here.

This is vin 6149 - frame off restoration:

This is the rest of the pack:

Not much has changed since those pictures were taken except that my engine and transmission are done.

Not hard to believe, just wanted to see some pictures ... Nice collection, but the way. Are these all gonna be restored or are you using these as parts cars? Witch VIN is with?

They all seem to come from Tampa Florida, according to the VIN-list. Bought a lot?

Tomcio
04-23-2013, 05:39 AM
Not hard to believe, just wanted to see some pictures ... Nice collection, but the way. Are these all gonna be restored or are you using these as parts cars? Witch VIN is with?

They all seem to come from Tampa Florida, according to the VIN-list. Bought a lot?

Andy,
They will be restored! All of them. I do not like the idea of parting out a car if it can be restored. The are all low mileage cars in the range of 20-30k on them. One car is a Canadian version with 14k kilometers on it. Many would consider them a great source of parts but not me. It will take a while but I will return them to life.
As I said in a previous post this was a package deal from one person that I could not resist. Yes, they came from Tampa, FL and I had them shipped to Poland.
Looking at the picture and going from the left: 5030 5-speed (red, accident damage), 16473 5-speed (fender bender damage), 3633 auto (left to sit too long, no damage), 5030 auto (left to sit too long, no damage), 17086 5-speed (left to sit too long, no damage, 14kkm on the clock)
My car is 6149 5-speed.

OK, guys, lets get back to the subject. Anyone else interested in the beautiful shift knobs? ;)