PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest story prompted by someone seeing my car...

Ashyukun
07-06-2011, 02:19 PM
I figured some here (especially Bill and the others with carbed D owners) would find this interesting, or at least amusing/vaguely disturbing.

My girlfriend's cousin got married on Saturday, so she drove down to North Carolina with her family over the weekend and was gone from Friday morning through Sunday evening- meaning that I had almost three days, uninterrupted, to work on 16655- and I used them to fairly good effect. At the same time, earlier last week I had put a number of things I wanted to get rid of up on Craigslist, and as such ended up being interrupted several times as people came by to buy stuff- and unsurprisingly gawk at the half disassembled DeLorean in my garage.

On Saturday- just as I was pulling a burger off the grill for lunch- the guy who was interested in buying one of my old computers pulls up and hobbles his way up my driveway with his cane and gawks at the D while I put my burger in the microwave to keep it away from my cats before going out to talk to him. The first thing he says is pretty much what everyone says: "Wow, you don't see these around much anymore..." A few more typical questions and comments followed as was also normal- but things got a bit less than usual when he looked at the carb chuckled a bit at it, and then related the following story.

This guy is a professional photographer, and very much the artist at it (read: most of his portfolio involves a complete lack of clothes on the models), and as is the case in most fields, being an artist itself really doesn't pay that well. So, he does a lot of other photography to pay the bills. One time, he said, he got called out to do what was categorized as a 'fetish shoot' (which apparently, as you'd expect, pay fairly well). The shoot involved bringing a female model along, dressed in a nice, normal dress and high-heels. The guy the shoot was for has a collection of older cars that all use carburetors, on which the automatic choke has been disconnected. The photographer then takes pictures of the model's legs/feet as she pumps the gas pedal and tries to start the cars... He had about 6 or so, and they took pictures of her trying to start all of them as the guy who owned the cars and was paying for the shoot commented on whether or not any other girls had gotten that particular car started anytime recently.

Apparently, there is quite a market for this, and the guy said there were a number of websites dedicated to this. A quick GIS showed that there were indeed pictures out there along these lines... I guess there are plenty of people out there with rather weird tastes. And it's definitely the weirdest story I've ever had anyone tell me after seeing my car.

For my part, I'll be keeping the electric choke on 16655 hooked up...

nofear365
07-07-2011, 08:10 AM
A friend of mine pointed this out to me a few years back. Youtube PUMPING or PEDAL PUMPING. 1000s of videos of woman just pumping the gas pedal.

I don't get it...

That topic brought up the discovery of another fetish. If I'm not mistaken its called "crushing". It's the act of watching a woman in heels crush little animals (mice, hamsters...).

WTF???? How do you discover that you like this sort of thing? What triggers that???

jmrydholm
07-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Aw man, I love hamsters! That is so mean. I love seeing my fiancee in heels but that's just cruel, though! :disapprove:
She'd hate hearing that, she works in a pet store. How could anyone do that to those little guys?

Dangermouse
07-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Rule 34

DeLorean03
07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Man, if I were you, I'd install an AC in your garage and keep the door shut from now on.

Renee_1632
07-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Rule 34

:bigclap: hahaha.

Cory W
07-07-2011, 06:28 PM
Rule 34

:thumbup:

dvonk
07-08-2011, 12:13 AM
Rule 34

lolz. :hysterical:

fnzen
07-08-2011, 01:30 AM
ok I had to google rule 34 , I get it now:approve:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rule%2034

Dangermouse
07-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Rule 351

I hereby create Rule 351 – any thread topic is one-degree from carburization

Feel free to invoke it at any time.

(see, I managed to mention carbs in this thread :wave:)

Farrar
07-08-2011, 11:11 AM
Rule 351

That should be "Rule 2100" -- right? ;)

Farrar

Dracula
07-08-2011, 11:33 AM
ok I had to google rule 34 , I get it now:approve:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Rule%2034

Just don't do an image search.

Dangermouse
07-08-2011, 12:07 PM
That should be "Rule 2100" -- right? ;)

Farrar

I actually considered that. That or Rule 5939 in honor of Bill.

It was originally going to be Rule 35, but there is already one of those (look it up), so I made it 351, in honor of the carb'd engine all our cars have :)

jmrydholm
07-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Rule 351

Feel free to invoke it at any time.

(see, I managed to mention carbs in this thread :wave:)

I still have the K-Jet, but that's a win. :) I'll probably convert to the Church of Carburization (is that a word?) one day...maybe after I've replaced the entire K-Jet for the umpteenth time. Then if I get mad at the DeLorean, I can just choke it, nyuk nyuk
-ok that was corny.