PDA

View Full Version : General Calling MR. PAUL BROUWER FROM SOUTH HAVEN, MINNESOTA.

flux3d
05-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Does anyone know of a Paul Bouwer of South haven, Minnesota? I've been told that he used to own my car, VIN 10719 from 1999. I'm looking to find out more of the history of the car and would love to know how he came by it.

Thanks

Mark

DavidProehl
05-24-2013, 10:11 AM
Are you saying you bought your car from him in 1999 or that is when he bought it? Until about 1 year ago I lived in Minneapolis, MN, which is 60 miles from South Haven. I bought my car in 2008 and I hadn't heard of him, he must not have been active in the community at that time.

Dangermouse
05-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Mark bought his car from Jason Sharkey, from the Indiana DMC group last year, but iirc it actually was owned by someone else. The PO owner may have been Mr. B, or that may have been the PPO.

flux3d
05-24-2013, 03:14 PM
That's right, well I purchased 10719 off Richard Vermillion through Jason at the end of last year. Previous to Richard having the car it was at Ellingson Classic Car Museum in MA. I contacted them to see where they got the car from and they said they'd purchased it off a Mr Paul Brouwer from South Haven in 2007, who'd had the car from 1999.

I'm just very interested in knowing a bit more about its history really. I'm pulling a blank at the DMC museum for details of the VIN, so any information would be very welcome.

Since I've had the car I've been working on her non-stop. I've change the springs, shocks, master cylinder, clutch and washer motor. I've had all the interior out of the car and re-dyed it, repaired any damage and fitted wiring and speakers for a new system (all in stock locations). Repaired the binnacle. Fitted LEDs to that and everything else. New carpets throughout. You name I've probably done it. lol. Might be nice for the original owner to know the cars good and going strong.