PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Complete Set of Early VIN Dark Grey Wheels, Center Caps, & Goodyear NCTs

NightFlyer
07-20-2013, 11:44 PM
I have an extra set of the early VIN (<1884) dark grey wheels, with matching dark grey embossed center caps, that have factory original Goodyear NCTs fully mounted and balanced with hidden weights.

The wheels are in perfect original (un-refinished) condition. The center caps are NOS and are NLA (no longer available). The Goodyear NCT's have approximately 85% of their tread remaining, are worn evenly, and are not at all hard or dried out (a virtue of having been continuously stored in a dark, temperature and humidity controlled environment). One of the rear tires does have a small plug in the sidewall, but doesn't leak air. As an extra precaution, I also had a tube installed on this wheel/tire. All the wheels/tires have lay flat balancing weights mounted on the inside rim with the exception of the rear wheel/tire with the tube/plug, which has a traditional weight mounted on the inside lip. This wheel/tire combo has seen less than 10,000 actual miles over the last 32 years.

Offering the complete set - wheels, caps, and tires - here for the incredibly low, low price of $1,000,000.00 (USD), plus shipping, or best acceptable offer.

Ron
07-21-2013, 10:18 AM
The wheels are in perfect original (un-refinished) condition.To be clear, are the wheels new except for the used tires being mounted on them?

NightFlyer
07-21-2013, 01:21 PM
To be clear, are the wheels new except for the used tires being mounted on them?

No, the wheels are used with a little less than 10,000 miles on them, same as the tires. The wheels are in PERFECT condition though with no imperfections - no damage, no peeling, no flaking, no uneven color, no stains, etc. Never refinished, so they are the exact color as when they left Dunmurry, and NOT merely a close match.

The caps are NOS that I replaced, as three of the originals had cracks in them when I acquired the set about 8 years ago. I acquired them when I traded the original owner of them straight up for a spare set of the silver wheels, VIN >1883, that I had - apparently he preferred the look of the silver wheels and I preferred the dark grey, so it was a perfect trade situation.

As far as I know, the tires are original to the set of wheels and only the rear tire with the plug/tube was ever dismounted from the wheel since the set left the factory in Dunmurry.

I also still have the original set of dark grey wheels, caps, and NCTs that came with 1798, however those are not for sale. I also have six (6) additional sets of NOS dark grey center caps, which are no longer available. I'll probably keep at least three of those sets though for 1798, as they do seem to have a propensity to crack with age. As to the other three (3) sets of those, not sure what I want to do with them yet.

The only reason I'm offering these for potential sale is that I recently acquired a spare set of wheels that I'll be mounting my new Giugiaro Design Vredestein Sportrac 5 tires to, and I don't need three sets of wheels. I would have used this set of wheels to mount my new tires to, but given the condition of the NCTs, I didn't want to dismount them and risk possibly damaging them, as they're perfect for concours and I figured someone would be interested in them for such a purpose.

Thanks for the inquiry and interest!

BTW - I noticed that 1669 has a set of silver wheels on it. You wouldn't by chance be looking for a set of VIN correct dark grey wheels with fully drivable NCTs on them for it, would you? Care to make an offer :biggrin:

Ron
07-21-2013, 01:50 PM
BTW - I noticed that 1669 has a set of silver wheels on it. You wouldn't by chance be looking for a set of VIN correct dark grey wheels with fully drivable NCTs on them for it, would you? Care to make an offer :biggrin:
Actually I painted them with something I had handy when I first got it just for protection years ago. I think they are the mystery 4th stile if there is such a thing (to be determined as my next project since the fascias are color correct...).

My interest is for a customer/friend who curbed two of his...one didn't match and he is a picky ass like me. If they are anywhere close to the condition I think they are, he would be interested if you have your heart right LOL. He knows most things used are 1/2 DMC prices but no data on wheel$...I'll get you an offer...(but it will not be near $500,000 ;-)

NightFlyer
07-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Actually I painted them with something I had handy when I first got it just for protection years ago. I think they are the mystery 4th stile if there is such a thing (to be determined as my next project since the fascias are color correct...).

My interest is for a customer/friend who curbed two of his...one didn't match and he is a picky ass like me. If they are anywhere close to the condition I think they are, he would be interested if you have your heart right LOL. He knows most things used are 1/2 DMC prices but no data on wheel$...I'll get you an offer...(but it will not be near $500,000 ;-)

Sounds good :thumbup:

NightFlyer
10-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Wheels/tires are NLA and this thread can be closed.

Thank you! :smile: