PDA

View Full Version : Engine Header Options

uhhair
08-05-2013, 10:40 AM
I am looking to replace my exhaust headers and was wondering what options are out there? I know that Hervey sells stainless ones, and that a few other vendors sell complete systems. However, I am really only looking for headers and maybe the cat. I would prefer to just use the original muffler as I really enjoy the sound of it and am only looking to replace my headers as they are pretty much covered in rust. Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

opethmike
08-05-2013, 10:42 AM
It will be rather interesting to adapt headers to the stock muffler. Stock muffler is one pipe in; you would need to modify it to take two pipes in.

Have you thought about perhaps just getting your stock manifolds bead blasted to clean them up?

uhhair
08-05-2013, 10:46 AM
I guess I could go that route. They are seriously rusted though.

Iznodmad
08-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Would you be interested in purchasing a complete original exhaust that has been ceramic coated? The only "mod" to the exhaust is an empty cat. Let me know.

uhhair
08-05-2013, 11:24 AM
PM sent!

David T
08-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Would you be interested in purchasing a complete original exhaust that has been ceramic coated? The only "mod" to the exhaust is an empty cat. Let me know.

If you are just doing it for the sound that is one thing but if you are doing it for performance you should also consider changing the camshafts.
David Teitlebaum

uhhair
08-05-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm honestly only doing it because I have a brand new rebuilt engine to go in the car and don't want to stick rusty old headers on a brand new engine. Performance isn't a concern, I just want everything to look/function like new. I was unaware that those headers can be blasted and coated to look new again. Mine look so terrible I thought that it was out of the question.

opethmike
08-05-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm honestly only doing it because I have a brand new rebuilt engine to go in the car and don't want to stick rusty old headers on a brand new engine. Performance isn't a concern, I just want everything to look/function like new. I was unaware that those headers can be blasted and coated to look new again. Mine look so terrible I thought that it was out of the question.

I dunno since I haven't seen them, but unless it would put holes in them, could give it a shot, I suppose?