PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Door lights and Door warning light stay on

TTait
07-12-2011, 08:36 PM
All 6 of my door lights and my door warning light on the dash are on and I can't kill them.

I have disconnected purple blue and purple pink from the two door switches, and have long since removed the white delay module. I should be starving the lights for ground, yet they burn on.

When I pull fuse 12 the door lights do go off, and when I pull fuse 5 the dash lights all go out.

The door lights operated properly before I redid the interior recently. I had the entire fuse box/electrical assembly flipped out of its niche to replace the rubber pad below, and assume that somewhere in that area the purple/white wire is now grounding out, or its grounded out somewhere under the center console or dash.

If the diode in line in the purple white wire before it gets to the delay module is working, then the short should be under the dash or center console, is that a fair guess?

Can anyone tell me the location of that diode in line in purple white? It seems like the key to geographically isolating where the short is.

I might be reading this all wrong - any advice or tips?

Tom

jorge figueroa
07-12-2011, 09:08 PM
you make the roof ceiling of the delorean?

TTait
07-12-2011, 09:16 PM
No, but I had the rear trim panels covering the seatbelts and speakers off, as well as the one under the back window where the rear parcel light goes...

Bitsyncmaster
07-12-2011, 11:08 PM
No, but I had the rear trim panels covering the seatbelts and speakers off, as well as the one under the back window where the rear parcel light goes...

One of your screws has cut into the wiring. Another owner had the same problem when he did his rear speakers.

TTait
07-13-2011, 12:04 AM
ohhhh that's a good one - I'll Check in the AM!

content22207
07-13-2011, 12:14 AM
Diodes should prevent the door lights from grounding out anywhere rearward from the driver's footwell (that is why they don't delay with the courtesy lights).

Bill Robertson

TTait
07-13-2011, 02:51 AM
That's what I was thinking too - but Dave NAILED it. Gold Star sir! :thumbup2:

Looks like I may also have a dead or bypassed diode, or that diode is up in the ceiling, not down near the delay timer, which is also possible...

For anyone keeping score, it was the screw at the top of the trim panel/armrest on the passenger side...

WelmoedJ
07-14-2011, 09:12 AM
For anyone keeping score, it was the screw at the top of the trim panel/armrest on the passenger side...

That makes sense: the wiring for the doors are crossed (wiring to left door is going up on the right side).