PDA

View Full Version : DMCTalk.org New Forum Sections

Mike C.
08-20-2013, 07:02 PM
You may have noticed a few new sections are currently being worked on.

The first one is a DMCTalk Forum Member of the Month, which is spotlights one forum member every month, allowing them a place to talk about themselves, their cars, interests, etc. The first member of the month is none other than our friend Dave (Bitsyncmaster), so be sure to stop by and learn a little more about the man who is making old fuel pump relays a thing of the past!

The next two new sections are dedicated to the hard work everyone puts into their vehicles. First, Johnny Z's Restoration Garage is a home for those long term builds that go into great detail when it comes to resurrecting a DeLorean. These projects take some serious time and should be in an easy location for all to find and read what it takes to overhaul a car.
The next section is the DMC12 garage, which gives every owner a place to document their cars and tell the stories as to what they have been going through. Simply start a thread about your car and update it as often as you want! This way, people can ask you questions about work you did, and it all stays in one easy to research place.

Finally, by popular request, we have re-started the FAQ section. A nice short cut for those looking to find links to questions that may have already been asked. This is an ever-evolving section that will continue to grow as time goes on.

The final tweaks to the sections should be done in the next few days, but we hope you enjoy all of the new forum features!

-The DMCTalk.org Staff

dmcjohn
08-20-2013, 07:20 PM
Good job! I like the idea of a section for the restoration cars threads.

Dangermouse
08-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Nice work. I've been thinking that a resto subforum would be good for a while. DeLorean p0rn, so to speak.

Domi
08-21-2013, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the information.

ALEXAKOS
08-23-2013, 07:29 AM
I think that resto section was due with so many great restorations in the general discussion.

Well done!Q

So can't you just move the restoration threads over there?
Do I need to start a new one in the new section? (5992 restoration)

I sent a Pm to an admin about it 2 days ago and got no reply.

I suppose he did not agree.:blackeye:

ccurzio
08-23-2013, 07:37 AM
I sent a Pm to an admin about it 2 days ago and got no reply.

I suppose he did not agree.:blackeye:

Actually the timestamp says yesterday, and I went ahead and moved it.

Tillsy
08-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Just wanted to add my compliments as those couple of new forums were exactly what were needed.

Can I make a suggestion though to change the icons for those forums to be the same as the others?

I'm finding those new ones hard to spot new posts as their icon toggles between grey/blue, which look very similar, whereas the other forums all toggle between grey/orange.

Michael
08-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Just wanted to add my compliments as those couple of new forums were exactly what were needed.

Can I make a suggestion though to change the icons for those forums to be the same as the others?

I'm finding those new ones hard to spot new posts as their icon toggles between grey/blue, which look very similar, whereas the other forums all toggle between grey/orange.

The color denotes new threads/posts in that section. If its grey/blue, move along as there is nothing new there.

Tillsy
08-23-2013, 10:16 AM
The color denotes new threads/posts in that section. If its grey/blue, move along as there is nothing new there.

I don't look for what is old (eg grey), I look for which forums have new content (orange).

The new forums do not light up orange, they use a different icon with a different colour scheme, and hence I look straight past them.

ALEXAKOS
08-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Actually the timestamp says yesterday, and I went ahead and moved it.
Yes, you are absolutely right! It was yesterday early in the morning. Sorry!:dead:
Saw the move:wink:
Again, dearly appreciated the new section. Way to go!!!