PDA

View Full Version : General Biff strikes back?

beernpizzalover
08-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Thought I'd stir-up a little controversy here by reposting an article I read on the Internet Movie Database a couple of years ago. The actor that played Biff, Tom Wilson, reportedly got so fed-up with fans asking him for autographs, etc. that he came up with a one-size-fits-all reply card...

What do you think of his one line commentary on the DMC-12?

Josh
08-22-2013, 03:14 PM
I agree, but would not put it in as harsh words.

DeLorean03
08-22-2013, 03:18 PM
That's harsh ???

That's about as "cut and dry" without being offensive as I think one person can get. I loved it.

OverlandMan
08-22-2013, 03:57 PM
It was sort of like something a kid would write.

JohnZ
08-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Well I have to say that Tom's size is huge, not really a "normal size guy"!

DeLorean03
08-22-2013, 05:17 PM
We own this vehicle dealing with "Stupid DeLorean Comments of the Day" - now imagine what it would be like to work along side Michael J. Fox in one of the biggest trilogies of American film. Biff was a pretty big character in these films, so Tom Wilson has heard the BTTF comments 20+ years longer than most of us have owned our cars. He basically answered every single question in one card and truncated it down into a big FAQ without the Q part of it.

I think it is very easy for us to judge him without walking his journey. Personally, I'd think about it in his shoes and step back from my keyboard for a second before being quick to criticize his way of dealing with something he's lived through for 28 years.

Meh.

OverlandMan
08-22-2013, 05:19 PM
We own this vehicle dealing with "Stupid DeLorean Comments of the Day" - now imagine what it would be like to work along side Michael J. Fox in one of the biggest trilogies of American film. Biff was a pretty big character in these films, so Tom Wilson has heard the BTTF comments 20+ years longer than most of us have owned our cars. He basically answered every single question in one card and truncated it down into a big FAQ without the Q part of it.

I think it is very easy for us to judge him without walking his journey. Personally, I'd think about it in his shoes and step back from my keyboard for a second before being quick to criticize his way of dealing with something he's lived through for 28 years.

Meh.

I hadn't really thought about it that way. Good point.

thirdmanj
08-22-2013, 10:15 PM
You have heard his "Stop Asking Me the Question" song right?

ccurzio
08-23-2013, 07:47 AM
I can't blame the guy at all. Actors who desire any kind of range absolutely HATE being typecast and pigeon-holed into a single role, so I can totally see him getting a little bit annoyed at the fact that he's saying "hey guys I've actually done other stuff" and all he gets in return is millions of people asking him to call them a butthead. Unfortunately his "other stuff" is nowhere near as well-known as BTTF, unlike his co-stars who had done many, many other high-profile things both prior to and since the trilogy.

I love BTTF, but I have enough respect for Tom as an actor and performer that I don't think this is harsh in the slightest.

You have heard his "Stop Asking Me the Question" song right?

It's really good.

RammJaeger
08-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Hey perhaps we should make our own cards to hand out when we drive our Deloreans! Here is my attempt:

"Thank you for your kind comments and or questions about my DMC-12, yep that is the car's name. To save us both time I've created this card to answer the most common questions and comments that I encounter when driving my Delorean DMC-12. The car does not have a flux capacitor, and I don't intend to add one. I haven't driven the car 88mph yet, although when I do I'm pretty certain I will need roads. Yes the car is stainless and the body panels won't rust, but that doesn't mean I wan't to spend 2 hours wiping greasy handprints off the car when I get home. So please only touch the stainless after asking me. No the Delorean is not heavy, and is actully much lighter than a modern corvette. It isn't really a fast car, but it does look fast even when standing still. Yes I actually drive the car often, and it drives pretty well even for a modern car. Yes you can sit in the car if you ask, and yes I will take your picture sitting in the car - most of the fun of owning this car is seeing the smiles on people's faces. I do ask though that your small child not stand up and walk around on the seats and console, especially with thier shoes on. Please do NOT sit on the body of the car, or I will send you a bill for removing the dings and scratches the buttons on your pants made - and it won't be cheap. The car can indeed travel through time, unfortunately it is not functioning correctly, and can only travel forward into the future one second at a time. I'll look into getting that fixed."

That about covers it :)

ccurzio
08-23-2013, 08:02 AM
I haven't driven the car 88mph yet

While I wouldn't use that text because a lot of it is second-hand opinions that I don't necessarily share, I absolutely can't use it at all because this right here would be an outright lie.

congerz83
08-23-2013, 08:12 AM
This wouldn't upset me in the slightest... How many famous people wouldn't even take the time to print a card? At least he acknowledges people that approach him.

thirdmanj
08-23-2013, 08:20 AM
I feel Tom Wilson is the most underrated actor of that trilogy.

dmc6960
08-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Actors who desire any kind of range absolutely HATE being typecast and pigeon-holed into a single role, so I can totally see him getting a little bit annoyed at the fact that he's saying "hey guys I've actually done other stuff" and all he gets in return is millions of people asking him to call them a butthead. Unfortunately his "other stuff" is nowhere near as well-known as BTTF, unlike his co-stars who had done many, many other high-profile things both prior to and since the trilogy.

Peter Griffin said it best...

I'm Han Solo, captain of the Millennium Falcon and the only actor whose career isn't destroyed by this movie.

DeLorean03
08-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Hey perhaps we should make our own cards to hand out when we drive our Deloreans! Here is my attempt....

Only problem for me: my car changes too much for a card to cover all the bases for more than 10 days or so :P.

Mark D
08-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Tom Wilson last seen driving a Mustang in southern Wisconsin.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2013/08/texting-and-driving-results-in-man-crashing-into-manure-truck/