PDA

View Full Version : Frame & Body Delorean windshield

hillbillydmc
09-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Called DMCH a few weeks ago for the price of a windshield including shipping, I was told they have no windshields in stock. :banghead:

Delorean02378
09-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Called DMCH a few weeks ago for the price of a windshield including shipping, I was told they have no windshields in stock. :banghead:

Have you tried calling Julee at DMCMW to see if they had any? I picked up an extra in June while I was in Chicago to avoid shipping charges and they had a couple in stock. The box is HUGE!

If you're traveling anywhere close to a vendor soon, it will be worth your time to pick it up directly from them to avoid the shipping cost.

Rich
09-17-2013, 08:58 PM
And did you ask DMCH when they plan to receive their next shipment of windshields?

The supplier is overseas and the orders are made in small batches so there are likely to be times when our demand does not match up with the DMCH supply and forecast back to the windshield factory. There have been times when they had none in the past if I recall.

Kenny_Z
09-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Ugh, that sucks. What happened to yours?

JohnZ
09-18-2013, 02:33 AM
The supplier is overseas

Does this mean that whenever I will in need of a windshield I will be able to deal with the supplier, bypassing the DMCH? Just to avoid double shipping!

hillbillydmc
09-18-2013, 09:00 AM
Ugh, that sucks. What happened to yours?

Hey, Yea thats sucks, my windshield has a small crack I got while driving.

hillbillydmc
09-18-2013, 09:05 AM
And did you ask DMCH when they plan to receive their next shipment of windshields?

The supplier is overseas and the orders are made in small batches so there are likely to be times when our demand does not match up with the DMCH supply and forecast back to the windshield factory. There have been times when they had none in the past if I recall.

Yes, They said about a month or so.

hillbillydmc
09-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Have you tried calling Julee at DMCMW to see if they had any? I picked up an extra in June while I was in Chicago to avoid shipping charges and they had a couple in stock. The box is HUGE!

If you're traveling anywhere close to a vendor soon, it will be worth your time to pick it up directly from them to avoid the shipping cost.

Thanks! I will keep that in mind

Dangermouse
09-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Does this mean that whenever I will in need of a windshield I will be able to deal with the supplier, bypassing the DMCH? Just to avoid double shipping!

I think they get them from the UK but I am sure you can get then from Ed at DMCEU. I doubt that he gets them from Houston.

JohnZ
09-18-2013, 09:25 AM
I think they get them from the UK but I am sure you can get then from Ed at DMCEU. I doubt that he gets them from Houston.

Yes Ed has got the windshield, but what if I was able to buy it directly to the manufacturer? That would be cost-saving!

Anyway I guess that windshield troubles are unlikely at the moment!

:)

Just out of curiosity... where are they made?

Chris 16409
09-18-2013, 09:32 AM
I remember hearing something about them being made in Turkey.

chris williams
09-18-2013, 09:56 AM
http://www.uroglas.com/ these are the ones manufactured in the UK, not sure who DMCH buys from.
Chris

DMCMW Dave
09-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Yes Ed has got the windshield, but what if I was able to buy it directly to the manufacturer? ?

Sure - just like you can drive up to the Ford factory and buy a car.

JohnZ
09-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Sure - just like you can drive up to the Ford factory and buy a car.

Ahah! well... it works with socks and potatoes!

:D

Rich
09-18-2013, 10:02 PM
.....these are the ones manufactured in the UK, not sure who DMCH buys from.

There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of companies around the world manufacturing automotive replacement glass (ARG). So our vendors can choose from among the ARG suppliers that are willing to make the glass-bending tooling for this windshield and then take on the batch orders.

Then our vendor pays to have the batch shipped in, plus import duty if made overseas, adds their markup and holds onto it as inventory for us. The prices they are charging aren't unreasonable considering the low volume.

For the IR-reflecting version of the windshield the choices narrow quite a lot, but still there are multiple sources for it.

09-19-2013, 12:20 AM
Yes, They said about a month or so.

Did you try calling Josh Bengston at DeLorean Performance Industries?

https://www.deloreanindustries.com/contact/
Main Phone Number: 330.573.4129

I am almost sure he has windshields in stock, ready to be shipped.