PDA

View Full Version : Jay Orhberg?

Timebender
10-03-2013, 01:15 AM
I was looking up today who built the Pink Panther Mobile (because I thought it was pretty cool when I was a kid), and ended up on Jay Orhberg's site. There he shows all the cars his shop designed and built, among them the Flintstones cars, KITT, and the BTTF DeLorean...
So did he have anything to do with it, or is taking credit like George Barris did? Both are pretty much the same generation of car builders, and Jay even has the Barris Batmobile from the TV series on his site.

Mark D
10-03-2013, 01:22 PM
I was looking up today who built the Pink Panther Mobile (because I thought it was pretty cool when I was a kid), and ended up on Jay Orhberg's site. There he shows all the cars his shop designed and built, among them the Flintstones cars, KITT, and the BTTF DeLorean...
So did he have anything to do with it, or is taking credit like George Barris did? Both are pretty much the same generation of car builders, and Jay even has the Barris Batmobile from the TV series on his site.

After the filming wrapped on Part III Jay Ohrberg worked on the A car, "Oxnard" wheelie stunt car, and the offroad cars getting them cleaned up for public display. He also built several replica cars and used the the original cars for reference when building the replicas.

One of the replica cars he built is still on display at Universal Studios and was used throughout the 90's and 2000's interchangeably on the back lot/tram tour and out in front of BTTF the Ride.

Timebender
10-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Ah- good to know. Thanks for the good info :)