PDA

View Full Version : The Infamous Fast and Furious DeLorean - photos from December 2002

Rich W
07-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Yes, the infamous, self-proclamed, Fast and Furious DeLorean, so long ago.
I came across some of the original ad photos, when the car was first for sale.

I did make an offer on this car too, at one point, to acquire it as a project
and rebuild it into a much better custom DeLorean than it was, at the time.

Someone on DMCTalk did buy this car, improved it, but then I think it was
sold again, and I lost track of it. If the owner is out there, please chime in.

Later,
Rich W.

dvonk
07-15-2011, 08:12 PM
according to my 'records,' this is VIN 06921. not sure where i found this photo, but it seems it is/was getting stripped:

i have more if anyone is interested.

SIMid
07-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Yay! It was a hideous paint job/colour scheme.

dvonk
07-16-2011, 08:24 PM
i have to agree. i think it wouldve looked alot better if it were just straight black.

1Mcfly4u
07-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Hey Rich,
First I'd like to say I love your work! I bought 6921, better known as the Fast and Furious D, about two years ago from Mr. Headcrab up in New Jersey. She has been quietly slumbering in my driveway under her car cover and is anxiously awaiting me to work on her to resume work.

I have attempted to strip some of the paint, let me just say that crap is on there something fierce. I drained the tank when I got her home, it ran decently enough for me to get it on the trailer and UHaul it back home. She had a water pump leak when parked, I have not fixed that yet. There is a ton of bondo all over the car so restoring it to stainless would be a bit of a challenge although I did make a good start on switching it back with my junkyard excursion to Charleston SC. I managed to pick up two doors, drivers rear quarter panel, passenger front fender and T panel. The hood never got painted or made ready for paint so that's still good. I have not messed with the left front fender so I don't know if there's bondo on it or not.

At this point I have stopped working on her due to the economy, and the fact that 2808 has been dormant ever since I got it back from DMC Fl after getting a Stage II upgrade, and it never ran right when I got it back from them (but thats a whole different story).

I am at a cross roads, I can't figure if I should put her back all stainless, or paint her. As someone mentioned black is a possibility for paint, I was also leaning towards burnt orange. Someone had mentioned on the old forums about painting a D burnt orange and for some reason that has stuck with me.

Once I resume work on her I was planning on starting a blog as I know a few people are still interested in what happens to her and would probably like to follow the progress.

tyb323
07-18-2011, 12:45 AM
YAY CRABLOREAN!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHEzclhmlpw

Tatsu
07-20-2011, 09:16 PM
haha "oh son of a!!!!"

good video, never watched that n4s, but..really..a GTR delorean???...wow...

Nicholas R
07-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Wasn't this the delorean that the guy said he removed the radiator fans to reduce the weight in the front end so that he could do late night drag racing?

sean
07-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Wasn't this the delorean that the guy said he removed the radiator fans to reduce the weight in the front end so that he could do late night drag racing?

Yup.

Michael
07-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Reminds me of this...just sub "Prius" for "Delorean"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqRT9RFChf4

dvonk
07-25-2011, 11:42 PM

talk about a Fan Fail...

1Mcfly4u
07-27-2011, 11:52 PM
When I bought the car the fans were back in it, I'm not sure who or when but they are back in the car.