PDA

View Full Version : Engine Stainless steel exhaust studs - anyone use them?

Jeff K
10-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Anyone use Stainless steel exhaust studs? I have my heads off ready for a recon, and I read on truck forums that use stainless steel exhaust studs with Aluminum bronze nuts so they don't gall together.

If so what size are these?

Thanks
Jeff
PS - I used an airgun to take the nuts off the exhaust, didn't break a single stud.

David T
10-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Anyone use Stainless steel exhaust studs? I have my heads off ready for a recon, and I read on truck forums that use stainless steel exhaust studs with Aluminum bronze nuts so they don't gall together.

Thanks
Jeff
PS - I used an airgun to take the nuts off the exhaust, didn't break a single stud.

You are going to have a lot of trouble finding S/S studs the size you need. Brass nuts are the best but if you use Never-Seize you can use steel nuts. PJ Grady sells a kit of studs and nuts but it isn't cheap!

DMC5180
10-25-2013, 02:09 AM

Thanks
Jeff

What your looking for can be found here: http://www.deloreaneurotec.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=1473 Option 3 for stock exhaust.