PDA

View Full Version : SEO Motorsports DeLorean Tech day

SEO Motorsports
10-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Hello everyone,

If you do not know who I am my name is Ed Ghesquiere and I was an owner a few years back. I am opening up a performance focused shop in Melbourne FL. I was thinking about holding a Tech day on Saturday in a couple weeks once everything settles down and we are completely moved in. I will have a couple of cars filling most of the shop but I plan to have the lift available if anyone needs/wants to put their car up in the air. Send me your request to have your car put on the lift and I'll make a list.

Please let me know what day would work best for everyone and we'll make it happen. If you would like to know more about the services I'll be offering please contact me and I would be happy discuss it further with you.

My contact and business address is:

[email protected]
321-426-0061
500 North Drive Suite 8
Melbourne, FL. 32934

-Ed

SEO Motorsports
11-07-2013, 04:32 PM
So, no takers? I have received a lot of request to have people pay me to do work but no one wants to use a lift and get help from others at a tech day for free??????:umm:

Mike C.
11-08-2013, 03:10 AM
Hey Eddie,

Congrats on getting your shop set up!! As for the majority of our old core group, a lot of them no longer have their D's or have moved from the area. Brandon sold his project D, Derek sold his D, I sold my D and left Florida, the other Brandon is in South Carolina now, Luis- who bought Mike Hackey's car has re-sold it and the car is out of FL, Robert's been flipping his D's and I believe the current one isn't on the road yet, so unfortunately i'm not sure what active DCF members there are. I haven't heard from anyone since Celebration last year, unfortunately.

I really hope some people who read the forum but don't participate take advantage of your generous offer!

SEO Motorsports
11-08-2013, 12:03 PM
That makes sense. Well, I'm ready to hold a tech day when DCF is ready.

Evildeli
11-08-2013, 10:07 PM
I tried to put something together a few months ago with no takers.

TheDon
11-11-2013, 04:48 PM
I'd come out with my MINI to use the lift but I've done all the work I need to on that thing and I sadly don't own a delorean, yet...

I'm going to have to get a DMC and bring DCF back to life or something.

Henrik
11-13-2013, 02:57 PM
I would take you up on your offer in a heartbeat... if it wasn't for that pesky little issue known as distance... When are you opening your Dallas subsidiary? :)

Nicholas R
11-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Oh damn! I just saw this thread for the first time! I'm in!! Let me know when this would be and I'll do whatever I can to be there! Sorry, I'm not on the forum as much as I used to be.

I have a couple of projects that I can think of. I've got a set of side skirts that I've been sitting on for almost 2 years, an LS6 intake manifold, and a few other odds and ends that I've been needing to install for a while.

Can't wait!! :thumbup:

Edit: also for me, as far as dates, I'm tied up this Saturday and next Saturday, and then the Saturdays at the end of December.

jackb
11-13-2013, 07:39 PM
Hey Eddie,

Congrats on getting your shop set up!! As for the majority of our old core group, a lot of them no longer have their D's or have moved from the area. Brandon sold his project D, Derek sold his D, I sold my D and left Florida, the other Brandon is in South Carolina now, Luis- who bought Mike Hackey's car has re-sold it and the car is out of FL, Robert's been flipping his D's and I believe the current one isn't on the road yet, so unfortunately i'm not sure what active DCF members there are. I haven't heard from anyone since Celebration last year, unfortunately.

I really hope some people who read the forum but don't participate take advantage of your generous offer!
That was me who bought it. 6720 stayed in southern GA until the end of 2011, then we lived in CA for about 1.5 yrs, now we reside in Tucson.
If I was in the area, I'd bring it by though. For free *and* paid work.

SEO Motorsports
03-31-2014, 11:00 AM
Guys,

I want to offer up again to have a meet at the shop, maybe share it with my buddies MG club and have a good day of fun.

suggest a time and I'll make it happen.

-Ed

Lightning
06-30-2014, 05:37 PM
Guys,

I want to offer up again to have a meet at the shop, maybe share it with my buddies MG club and have a good day of fun.

suggest a time and I'll make it happen.

-Ed

Shows how much I pay attention to the DMCF area and I live here. You know me, just tell me a group is actually coming over and I'll show though being I'm around the corner :)

Sad to hear that most of the Florida group is no longer around. Sounds like we need to spin it back up again.

Nicholas R
06-30-2014, 06:30 PM
I agree! Seriously! Can we start getting this group back on track? Also I definitely need to keep an eye on this more because I'm still interested in a tech day. :thumbup:

Lenny
06-30-2014, 07:26 PM
I'd make the trip over for a good tech day.

Lightning
06-30-2014, 08:44 PM
I'd make the trip over for a good tech day.

You guys want to plan 1st weekend of August?

Nicholas R
07-01-2014, 09:14 PM
You guys want to plan 1st weekend of August?

That could probably work for me!

SEO Motorsports
07-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Ok, lets plan for that and we'll adjust if needed.

Nicholas R
07-02-2014, 06:45 PM
I am putting it on my calendar now.

Jimmycxc
07-04-2014, 07:49 AM
I think I can make the first weekend in August.

May know a few other owners that may attend as well.

SEO Motorsports
07-04-2014, 12:03 PM
Ok guys, if we want to make this a good meet try getting a count for me so my wife can make sure we have good food and drinks for the day.

Nicholas R
07-04-2014, 01:02 PM
I count 4 so far:

Myself (Nicholas)
Lenny
Jimmycxc
Lightning

Who else?! Let's make this a nice big event!!

Lenny
07-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Someone had all the email addresses for the Florida owners. Maybe we could get an email sent out inviting everyone.

Jimmycxc
07-05-2014, 05:00 PM
Can we set a firm time, day and location that is convenient to SEO Motorsports? I also may know two other owners who may be interested in attended.

Lightning
07-05-2014, 07:49 PM
Can we set a firm time, day and location that is convenient to SEO Motorsports? I also may know two other owners who may be interested in attended.

My suggestion would be August 2nd, a Saturday. As for a time, I'd recommend 10ish knowing that some might be traveling from across the state which would be about a 3 hour drive.

jaygeorge23
07-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Eddie is currently working on my DeLorean and I made the trip today to see the progress. I can plan my next trip on that date, so count me in.

Jeremy

SEO Motorsports
07-05-2014, 10:10 PM
I vote Sam as the new SEO Motorsports tech day coordinator!!

Lightning
07-07-2014, 09:34 AM
I vote Sam as the new SEO Motorsports tech day coordinator!!

Gee, thanks :P

Well, with that, for those that are coming, what project(s) have you been putting off that need to be done on your car?

Nicholas R
07-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Gee, thanks :P

Well, with that, for those that are coming, what project(s) have you been putting off that need to be done on your car?

I've been wanting to install a set of side skirts that I have for about 2 years now. Unfortunately I'm not sure how I would actually get them there given their size, lol

whocruiser
07-09-2014, 11:42 PM
I've been wanting to install a set of side skirts that I have for about 2 years now. Unfortunately I'm not sure how I would actually get them there given their size, lol

So then, you've been skirting the issue?... :hysterical:

Lightning
07-10-2014, 08:38 AM
Well, unless I get to it before hand, I plan to be working on my AC box so I actually have AC in the car.

Nicholas R
07-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Actually, on that note. Will we have the ability to recover refrigerant from a car? I want to begin the process of converting over to R134A (as well as perform some AC system maintenance). Unfortunately my car is currently full of R12 that I need to suck out. I'd gladly give the r12 away for the service of removing it (I think there's ~$70 worth of r12 depending on the current price).

SEO Motorsports
07-11-2014, 02:06 PM
Actually, on that note. Will we have the ability to recover refrigerant from a car? I want to begin the process of converting over to R134A (as well as perform some AC system maintenance). Unfortunately my car is currently full of R12 that I need to suck out. I'd gladly give the r12 away for the service of removing it (I think there's ~$70 worth of r12 depending on the current price).

Sorry Nick, I usually get cars that have no Freon in them so I don't have the machine to recover it.

DMC-81
07-21-2014, 09:04 PM
Hi there. I just happened on this thread, and I am interested. My car is not drivable yet, so I can't bring it, but I'd be interested in listening to whatever topics are being discussed.... especially restoring and converting the AC system to a different refrigerant.

Nicholas R
07-21-2014, 09:24 PM
Hi there. I just happened on this thread, and I am interested. My car is not drivable yet, so I can't bring it, but I'd be interested in listening to whatever topics are being discussed.... especially restoring and converting the AC system to a different refrigerant.

Then you should definitely go!

Lenny
07-21-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm interested in how to replace the Angle Drive vs replacing all of that with a straight through Speedometer cable. My angle drive died ( I think that's what it was, there was a grinding noise for about 30 minutes then the spedo just died.

Second, I've never changed my own oil I was told there is a special crush washer you need to have. I'm due for an oil change.

DMC-81
07-21-2014, 10:20 PM
Do we have a confirmed date? I can do August 2.

Lenny, I have a spare DMCH crush washer that you can have, and I can bring my square 8 mm socket. I can return the gesture since you gave my daughters hot wheels cars at Celebration. Changing the oil is one of the things that I have done on my car.

Lightning
07-22-2014, 12:15 PM
The date is set for August 2nd, starting around 10am. You can get the address on Ed's site, http://www.seomotorsports.com/contact/

Getting there is very easy. Coming from I-95 exit 180 (or taking 192 and crossing I-95), you'll be heading east on state road 192/New Haven Ave. Turn left at the 2nd light (John Rodes). Go through 2 lights. After you pass the gated community on your right, keep an eye out for a storage area on the right side, it should be the next street named Dow. Turn right. North dr is the last street on the left before the bend. Turn left onto North dr and you'll find the shop on the left. It's behind bushes. 5th building on the left I believe. If you happen to see a sign for an aquarium place then you are in the proper building area.

From my count we have myself, Ed, Nicholas R, Lenny, Jimmycxc, jaygeorge23, DMC-81? Anyone else planning to come?

DMC-81
07-22-2014, 08:30 PM
Great. I will plan on attending. Thanks for the details, and thanks to Ed for hosting it.

Looking forward to it.

Jimmycxc
07-24-2014, 07:40 AM
You already have me coming with the time machine, but I have another delorean owner that will be riding with me. He has completely dismantled his delorean and rebuilding it from the ground up. All new electrical system, upgraded motor, etc.

Nicholas R
07-24-2014, 10:09 AM
Sweet! Can't wait!

SEO Motorsports
07-24-2014, 11:40 AM
This is starting to sound like we're going to have a good turnout.

Lenny
07-26-2014, 12:14 PM
I just noticed that the bolt beside the drivers seat back adjustment is loose. I tried to tighten it and think something may be stripped. has anyone had problems with it.

Do you have an angle drive I can buy from you and install?

Also my 15 year old granddaughter says she wants to come over also.

See you Saturday.

Lightning
07-26-2014, 01:25 PM
If it is the same bolt that was loose on mine, it is a nut on the other side and needs a wrench on it. Anyone that wants to come is fine by me.

Lenny
07-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Do you have an angle drive? my speedometer died

Lightning
07-26-2014, 11:25 PM
Ed doesn't tend to keep any stock so I doubt he does. I don't as I replaced mine a number of years ago. If you get one ordered and shipped it should be here before the weekend and we could install it though. Just a note, it is possible that the angle drive is good and just slipping which is an easy fix, it is also possible that the speedo cable itself went bad, although that usually results in a bouncing needle vs a completely non working needle.

SEO Motorsports
07-27-2014, 04:08 AM
Do you have an angle drive? my speedometer died

You can call and of the vendors and just have them ship it to me.

SEO Motorsports
07-29-2014, 12:24 PM
If anyone has any dietary restriction please let me know. We're trying to figure out what we're going to eat.

-Ed

Nicholas R
07-29-2014, 01:20 PM
So I did a test fit and I can indeed fit the new side skirts from the ground effects kit in the car. I haven't painted them because everyone has told me that you inevitably knick them up doing all the modification for installation. I'm planning to bring them in the hopes of getting the existing rocker panels off and drilling the new ones (but not doing final installation.)

Ed any issue with this? I've heard the old bolts can be pretty terrible to try to get out on the rocker panels. Usually require either drilling or cutting to remove them. Any tools you want me to bring? Drill? Angle grinder? Pneumatic cutoff tools?

SEO Motorsports
07-29-2014, 06:29 PM
So I did a test fit and I can indeed fit the new side skirts from the ground effects kit in the car. I haven't painted them because everyone has told me that you inevitably knick them up doing all the modification for installation. I'm planning to bring them in the hopes of getting the existing rocker panels off and drilling the new ones (but not doing final installation.)

Ed any issue with this? I've heard the old bolts can be pretty terrible to try to get out on the rocker panels. Usually require either drilling or cutting to remove them. Any tools you want me to bring? Drill? Angle grinder? Pneumatic cutoff tools?

I have just about anything you'll need for cutting or grinding.

Nicholas R
07-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Sounds good, I'll bring the skirts.

Nicholas R
08-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Ok so just to clarify:

Tomorrow 10:00am

500 North Drive Suite 8
Melbourne, FL. 32934

See everyone there!

Lenny
08-01-2014, 04:39 PM
Ok so just to clarify:

Tomorrow 10:00am

500 North Drive Suite 8
Melbourne, FL. 32934

See everyone there!

It better be because I'm already here!!!! We drove over today and are spending the night in Cocoa Beach.

See you tomorrow.

Lightning
08-01-2014, 05:38 PM
That's the plan :)

TheDon
08-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Add two to the list Elliot and I will be there.

SEO Motorsports
08-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Ok guys, I'll be there early if you want to show up before 10am. We'll have coffee and cut fruit for anyone who missed breakfast. For lunch my wife will be bringing over hamburgers and hotdogs, chips and we have a variety of drinks. I have asked the complex to leave parking open for us so we should be set. There are parking signs for SEO and PJ cycles that will be open to you to park.

DMC-81
08-02-2014, 08:10 AM
I'm on my way here shortly....

SEO Motorsports
08-02-2014, 08:18 PM
Guys, it was a great tech day! Let's keep this going even with standard meets and we'll hold tech days a few times a year.

TheDon
08-02-2014, 09:33 PM
That was a great tech day. Having the lift really made it awesome, now I just need a car to bring. I think I want a VR6 powered car now

SEO Motorsports
08-02-2014, 09:51 PM
That can be arranged

Nicholas R
08-02-2014, 11:02 PM
I am definitely in!! I love the idea of quartly! Heck at the moment I'm trying to decide if I can wait until the next one to replace that section of steel in my frame (much easier to weld overhead when the car is on a lift...).

DMC-81
08-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Yes, that was a great tech day! It was nice to meet some fellow Delorean owners, and I learned a lot by watching and listening. Many thanks to Ed (and his wife) for hosting it. Some favorites of the day from a new owner:

1) getting a ride in a D for the first time (thanks Lenny!)
2) seeing Nicholas's D at speed. It was FAST!!! and sounded awesome! I think his is perhaps now the "world's fastest Delorean"?
3) following a bona fide movie celebrity back to Orlando (time machine). I got to witness the draw it has on people. As folks were approaching it, I could see them point, smile, and frantically fumble for their phone.

Thanks all for an excellent day!

Presicion25
08-10-2014, 01:00 PM
I sold my Car back in September 2009 (Mike Hackey's old car), to a guy who was in the Airforce in Georgia (jackb). He drove down to Tampa and picked it up from me. I believe it ended up in AZ. If I can ever afford one again I may get another. I did enjoy the time I spent in the group and everyone was awesome and very helpful. Sad to hear most have sold their cars off. I saw a Delorean recently near me in Tampa. It was sitting outside an AC shop or garage on a major street here. The interior was in bad shape. The car needs to be restored. I also forgot this website started over several years back. I orginally joined in like 2004 and had a higher post count. After I sold my car i stopped coming on here.

Regardless Deloreans will always be something I love.