PDA

View Full Version : Title transfer Question

Ikeaboy1
11-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Tomorrow, I'm trying to buy a car titled in PA. I just read that to transfer a PA title, a notary is required. I haven't read anything that specifically says it's require for out of state buyers. I'm going to title this car in VA, which has no such requirement. I'm in a pinch because this is a bit of a surprise and I'm not sure how easily I'll find a notary on Sunday. Anyone have experience with something like this?

LEVY
11-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Tomorrow, I'm trying to buy a car titled in PA. I just read that to transfer a PA title, a notary is required. I haven't read anything that specifically says it's require for out of state buyers. I'm going to title this car in VA, which has no such requirement. I'm in a pinch because this is a bit of a surprise and I'm not sure how easily I'll find a notary on Sunday. Anyone have experience with something like this?

Not sure but I believe you only need a notary if the registerig state requires it.

Now, in Texas you always find a notary willing to make $5.00 any day any time!

LEVY

eagle-co94
11-30-2013, 09:50 PM
FL requires a VIN verification on an out of state title. This can also be done by ANY law enforcement officer in the state if I remember correctly.

jackb
11-30-2013, 10:31 PM
I would imagine it depends on what the state it will be registered in is the one that matters... my guess, anyway. So my I-am-not-a-lawyer opinion is unless PA needs a notary to transfer, you probably don't.
My vehicles were registered in GA (no notary required) and when I changed them to AZ I just brought it to the DMV. When I bought a vehicle that had an AZ title and went to swap it to my name in AZ, it was required to be notarized before the DMV would transfer it.

Ikeaboy1
12-01-2013, 06:40 AM
A call to VA state police confirmed that a notary is required for the title to transfer. Hopefully I'll be able to raise one today.