PDA

View Full Version : General Gran Turismo 6 DeLorean

LordFly
12-12-2013, 11:06 PM
It seems a number of us complained about the DeLorean in GT5? Note the line at the bottom of the screen. So they put the stage 2 DeLorean in the newest release :)

SIMid
12-12-2013, 11:32 PM
A shame that it still looks the same. Thought they would have put some more detail into the finish. Looks like matt silver still.

MML
12-13-2013, 05:19 AM
Yay, I didn't know there was a D in it. My copy's in the mail.

LordFly
12-13-2013, 10:17 AM
It's kinda pricy... I thought generally a "credit" was about $1. The Honda Fit you start off with is about 17,000 credits. Anyone else pay a over $500,000 for the D? :lol: Maybe the stage 2, er...um.... "series 2", is worth more than I thought. Either that or the 2004 model was just REALLY overpriced.

pezzonovante88
12-13-2013, 11:36 AM
It's kinda pricy... I thought generally a "credit" was about $1. The Honda Fit you start off with is about 17,000 credits. Anyone else pay a over $500,000 for the D? :lol: Maybe the stage 2, er...um.... "series 2", is worth more than I thought. Either that or the 2004 model was just REALLY overpriced.

At least it might create the perception to automotive philistines that our cars our worth half a $mil. It's good publicity, even though it's not true!

OverlandMan
12-13-2013, 12:01 PM
I thought the DeLorean in the GT4 version was only obtained by winning all of a certain race series, in other words you couldn't buy it outright... or maybe doing that just unlocked it?

I haven't played the Gran Turismo games in years but I'd be willing to check it out for grins.

LordFly
12-13-2013, 04:56 PM
I thought the DeLorean in the GT4 version was only obtained by winning all of a certain race series, in other words you couldn't buy it outright... or maybe doing that just unlocked it?.

You did in GT5 as well. Some stupid B-Spec race, that I absolutely didn't want to do. But it was the only way to get the car. Nice to be able to just buy it now, and for a reasonable price ;)

OverlandMan
12-14-2013, 02:56 PM
You did in GT5 as well. Some stupid B-Spec race, that I absolutely didn't want to do. But it was the only way to get the car. Nice to be able to just buy it now, and for a reasonable price ;)

Yea that sounds right. So is GT6 worthwhile? Was thinking about putting it on my x-mas list. I have a PS3, not PS4 currently. The last one I played was GT4.

OverlandMan
01-15-2014, 04:50 PM
Well I got this game for Christmas and bought my favorite cars already. If you max out the DeLorean specs (less the Nitrous) you can get it close to 500HP on the stock engine (if I recall) and I actually used it quite a bit in several race series. It made me enough $ to buy the 1984 Ferrari 288 GTO.

I'd say overall it's a pretty addictive fun game. I'd recommend it. It seems to be pretty much in line with the earlier versions, just with additional cars, tracks, and challenges.