PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely not a scam, no siree!

Dangermouse
12-13-2013, 09:00 AM
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/4240103357.html

Hello all. I have in my possession an original car from the set of "Back to the Future." My dear friend was a set designer in the 80's and 90's and worked on the movie starring Christopher Lloyd and Michael J. Fox. There were three cars used, one went to the Back to the Future ride in Orlando, and the other two were actioned for charity. My buddy bought one of the models for his movie memorabilia collection. He sadly passed away five years ago and to my surprise, he left the car for me in his will. Now, I am honored to have it, but I have fallen on hard times and need cash. Plus I've never seen this movie anyway, so the vehicle has no sentimental value to me. It is in great shape, runs well, and is being stored in a garage in Universal City near the Amblin Entertainment (Spielberg's production company) headquarters. Please contact me with "Delorean" in the subject line if you are interested. The bidding will start at $50,000, but is expected to rise higher than that. I can provide any emailers with more information. This would be a fantastic surprise Christmas present for the movie buff in your life.

How dumb do people think fans with $50k+ in their back pocket are?

pezzonovante88
12-13-2013, 09:17 AM
Also, it's the special 1984 model year car.

Rich_NYS
12-13-2013, 09:39 AM
"Actioned" :gun:

LordFly
12-13-2013, 10:11 AM
I'd like to bid $55,000 :hihi2:

Kenny_Z
12-13-2013, 11:04 AM
How dumb do people think fans with $50k+ in their back pocket are?

You have to realize that an idiot is writing this so their opinion of intelligence is already heavily skewed.

NightFlyer
12-13-2013, 01:44 PM
What are you guys talking about? It's totally plausible that someone with something so providenced, special, and looking to get top dollar for would choose a rather simplistic and un-detailed ad on Craigslist upon which to offer the car for sale. If you don't want to miss out, I suggest calling and getting your bid in immediately! :mallet:

DMCVegas
12-13-2013, 01:57 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcpmgieFzh1r1k56no1_500.jpg