PDA

View Full Version : Moving today

Roman Legion
12-20-2013, 04:49 PM
In a few hours I leave for Nevada, a 30 hour, 2000 or so mile drive across I-40. I'm going to drive as far as I can without stopping, as I don't want to sleep in the car and I just want to get there. Hope to meet the DeLorean community out there. :)

JohnZ
12-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Hell! Be careful and have a rest from time to time!

:shyshy:

NightFlyer
12-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Enjoy the trip and have fun moving!

Good luck in your new locale :smile:

thirdmanj
12-20-2013, 10:56 PM
Stay safe dude!

OverlandMan
12-20-2013, 11:23 PM
Was just watching the weather. Bad ice/snow/crap storm moving across Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, etc. Be careful on I-40. It looks like you'll be running right into it.

Roman Legion
12-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Just crossed the Mississippi river into Arkansas, thought Tennessee would never end. I hope to be in Oklahoma before I take my next nap.

Lou and "Boo"
12-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Where did u start out from?

Roman Legion
12-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Where did u start out from?

From zip code 24311, I'm 30 miles outside Oklahoma now.

Roman Legion
12-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Hit ice only in Texas and the DOT kept halting the interstate. The Mustang handled nicely on the ice, I was pleasantly surprised.

NightFlyer
12-22-2013, 08:57 PM
So did you make it to Henderson?

Are you pulling a trailer with the Stang?

eagle-co94
12-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Yes, give us pics or it didn't happen! A photo documentary of a road trip is a must...although I just failed at that with the 700 mile drive bringing 1729 home.

Roman Legion
12-23-2013, 01:58 PM
So did you make it to Henderson?

Are you pulling a trailer with the Stang?

No, I decided not to mess with a trailer, I found a company willing to ship the bike for $650 and yes, I made it here safely around 10pm, I made up for lost time by speeding through 3 states.

Yes, give us pics or it didn't happen! A photo documentary of a road trip is a must...although I just failed at that with the 700 mile drive bringing 1729 home.

There are so many things I wish I could have taken pictures of, but I don't have a camera. The camera I had been using wasn't mine, so I couldn't bring it. I hope to meet some local owners and finally get to see a DeLorean up close and in person.

Rich W
12-23-2013, 03:00 PM
I hope to meet some local owners and finally get to see a DeLorean up close and in person.

You just missed a big, annual Vegas event in October.

www.deloreanweekend.com - for DeLorean and BTTF fans.

Get in contact with Bob, Gail or Ryan Brandys. (Hosts)

ALEXAKOS
12-25-2013, 05:55 AM
That mus be an interesting ride.
I did a 1400 Kilometer drive with one refueling stop, from Germany to Italy, last week.
Doable but pretty hard to double that like in your case. It all comes down to weather conditions. For example, I had 470kilometers of thick fog that killed my eyes in the night.

Have a safe drive and DO give us some images!

Roman Legion
12-25-2013, 04:39 PM
You just missed a big, annual Vegas event in October.

www.deloreanweekend.com - for DeLorean and BTTF fans.

Get in contact with Bob, Gail or Ryan Brandys. (Hosts)

Thats too bad, but I'll try to contact them, thanks.

That mus be an interesting ride.
I did a 1400 Kilometer drive with one refueling stop, from Germany to Italy, last week.
Doable but pretty hard to double that like in your case. It all comes down to weather conditions. For example, I had 470kilometers of thick fog that killed my eyes in the night.

Have a safe drive and DO give us some images!

http://mapq.st/1g1RGqQ

I already made the trip, I'd have killed for fog, but I had ice and lots of salt and dirt, I cleaned a little bit off my car, but if I can find a camera, I'll take a picture of just how dirt my car is. I didn't have a camera for the trip and I wish I did.

Oh, does anyone know if I need a smog check before I can get my license plates in Clark county Nevada or since I moved from out of state that I can just get my plates and have a certain amount of time to get the smog check or do I need the smog check first? I'm not sure what needs to be done inspection wise here since the part of Virginia I was in had no emissions testing and just checked lights and tires basically.

eagle-co94
12-25-2013, 07:38 PM
I'm guessing that you have to get the car tested before getting it registered. That's what I've seen in other places.

So do you have a cell phone? I've had a phone with a camera since 2006.

DMCVegas
12-25-2013, 11:35 PM
Urban Clark County is subject to emissions testing, so any Smog Hut or other place can do it for you. 2-Speed Tailpipe test for vehicles between 1968-1995. 1996 & Newer just have their ODB-II computers interface with the computer and you're done.

Out of State Vehicles will have an additional one-time only VIN inspection by a state official, which are available at any of the Full Service DMVs. You will also need proof of Nevada insurance as well all of this must be completed before registration, and you still need to bring your old plates, registration, title, etc. You will have 30 days to obtain your new license and register your vehicle.

Nevada DMV New Resident Guide. (http://www.dmvnv.com/newresident.htm)

In Henderson, your closest office is down on American Pacific. Get there as early as possible, and since you've got so much to take care of (your new license too), they'll probably queue you into the "I" line which handles multiple items and actually goes faster. Renewals are so much easier. You get your notice, you smog your car, and then either go to a kiosk or just login online and do everything that way. You never have to go back to the DMV again.

Welcome to Nevada!

http://image.popularhotrodding.com/f/hotnews/1105phr_five_best_states_for_hot_rodders/32550223/1105phr-01-o%2Bfive-best-states-for-hot-rodders%2Bwelcome-to-nevada.jpg

ALEXAKOS
12-26-2013, 05:15 AM
Hey good to know you got that behind you. Yes ice is a shitty situation especially at a clear night sky.

Looking forward to your images.

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse typos etc