PDA

View Full Version : Road Hazard

rddmc
01-07-2014, 07:53 PM

The monster piece of steel shown in the attached managed to puncture a rear tire on my GMC Terrain. The tire shop said that it is a part of the emergency brake system on cars. Can anyone verify? It has no sharp point and I probably could run over it a thousand more times without it posing a problem.

Rod

Roman Legion
01-08-2014, 03:57 AM
You reminded me f the time I was riding my motorcycle with two other bikes and the guy in front of me ran over a staple from a fence post from a local farm. Luckily it punctured the rear tire and we were close to basically a general store that sold tire plugs. Have to be careful, I almost hit a traffic cone in the middle of a lane and a christmas tree (Both while traveling southbound on I-81 in Virginia).

I hope you replaced that tire as even if it will hold air, I wouldn't trust it personally. Glad you're ok.

Chris4099
01-08-2014, 01:49 PM
With enough speed and the right angle, anything can damage your car! Just be glad it wasn't very long unlike what happened to this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJUWXRWK4xs&sns=em

Bitsyncmaster
01-08-2014, 03:11 PM
I ran over a 10mm open end wrench on the street one day and it instantly made the tire go flat. Had to replace that tire since the hole was to large.