PDA

View Full Version : For Sale For Sale 1982 Delorean $26K

tommyrich
02-28-2014, 09:32 PM
After more than 7 years of ownership, I have decided to sell "NO FLUX". Since I converted my second Delorean, "GOT FLUX" to an Acura TL Engine, I don't drive "NO FLUX" enough and would like it to go to someone who will appreciate it.
I purchased it from Rob Grady in January of 2007 with the understanding that it needed a fair amount of work. From the beginning the stainless was flawless. The frame needed some work, it needed a clutch, brakes and a window motor. For the first 3 years of ownership I gave it a tremendous amount of TLC and got it to where it is today.
The car is excellent. It runs/drives/looks great and absolutely everything works.
Just a few of the highlights:

New Clutch
Powder Coated Wheels, new tires
Brake rebuild (all 4 calipers) and stainless hoses
DMC Europe Radiator
New AC hoses/Compressor/blower motor (R134a)
New Seat Covers/Dashboard/headliners/Floor Mats
powder-coated/boxed suspension parts (new tie rod ends and ball joints)
KYB Shocks
Wings-Aloft door launchers

Best of all: Winner of the "Best Shifter Knob" award at DCS 2008!

When I purchased the car it had 89K miles, it now has just over 94K
This is a solid, great-looking car for $26K.
I have many more pictures including frame and suspension, PM me for a link.
Tom N.

25767257772577625775257742577325772257712577025769 2576825778

thomasuncles
03-05-2014, 04:34 AM
Interested. PM'd you ;)

After more than 7 years of ownership, I have decided to sell "NO FLUX". Since I converted my second Delorean, "GOT FLUX" to an Acura TL Engine, I don't drive "NO FLUX" enough and would like it to go to someone who will appreciate it.
I purchased it from Rob Grady in January of 2007 with the understanding that it needed a fair amount of work. From the beginning the stainless was flawless. The frame needed some work, it needed a clutch, brakes and a window motor. For the first 3 years of ownership I gave it a tremendous amount of TLC and got it to where it is today.
The car is excellent. It runs/drives/looks great and absolutely everything works.
Just a few of the highlights:

New Clutch
Powder Coated Wheels, new tires
Brake rebuild (all 4 calipers) and stainless hoses
DMC Europe Radiator
New AC hoses/Compressor/blower motor (R134a)
New Seat Covers/Dashboard/headliners/Floor Mats
powder-coated/boxed suspension parts (new tie rod ends and ball joints)
KYB Shocks
Wings-Aloft door launchers

Best of all: Winner of the "Best Shifter Knob" award at DCS 2008!

When I purchased the car it had 89K miles, it now has just over 94K
This is a solid, great-looking car for $26K.
I have many more pictures including frame and suspension, PM me for a link.
Tom N.

25767257772577625775257742577325772257712577025769 2576825778

tommyrich
04-05-2014, 10:03 AM
Added some frame pictures
This car is located in Huntington Long Island NY.
I have received PMs from guests. Unfortunately, I cannot reply to guests without contact info, so please email me at
[email protected]

Thanks,
Tom

RoyHinkley
04-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Bumping this great deal!
Truly a great person too. Tom is a meticulous perfectionist and it obviously shows in this flawless car. He is also the most knowledgable and helpful Delorean owner I know.

If anyone is looking or a "plug and play", "drive alive" Delorean, this definitely it!

Kane
04-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Bumping this great deal!
Truly a great person too. Tom is a meticulous perfectionist and it obviously shows in this flawless car. He is also the most knowledgable and helpful Delorean owner I know.

If anyone is looking or a "plug and play", "drive alive" Delorean, this definitely it!

8. Members: STOP posting remarks like "free bump,good guy or good item”. If you are NOT going to purchase the items listed. Remarks like "you can get it cheaper at so and so place" are NOT allowed.
Again, do not post a question or remark if you do not intend to buy the item.

Jimmyvonviggle
04-06-2014, 03:53 PM
I have to disagree with you, even though I know it is the rule. I think it's good if another member can vouche for someone's character, car, or mechanical ability. It gives a potential buyer more info and background. Plus I don't see the harm.

RoyHinkley
04-06-2014, 08:20 PM
8. Members: STOP posting remarks like "free bump,good guy or good item”. If you are NOT going to purchase the items listed. Remarks like "you can get it cheaper at so and so place" are NOT allowed.
Again, do not post a question or remark if you do not intend to buy the item.

All apologies, I honestly didn't realize that rule. Although I don't agree with it, I feel vouching for someone's dedication to making a car perfect is a good thing, and Tom is about the most perfect owner I know. (always doing the right thing for his cars and others) But I will stay away from these kinds of posts in the future.

Roman Legion
04-07-2014, 03:22 PM
I have to disagree with you, even though I know it is the rule. I think it's good if another member can vouch for someone's character, car, or mechanical ability. It gives a potential buyer more info and background. Plus I don't see the harm.

I concur, if other owners posted about typical problem areas being in good order or beyond bad, it would help me as a buyer have some peace of mind I wasn't buying into a 30+ year old car that isn't in good shape, thus not worth the price. A few extra posts in a thread aren't going to hurt anything. :thumbup:

Kane
04-07-2014, 03:38 PM
I concur, if other owners posted about typical problem areas being in good order or beyond bad, it would help me as a buyer have some peace of mind I wasn't buying into a 30+ year old car that isn't in good shape, thus not worth the price. A few extra posts in a thread aren't going to hurt anything. :thumbup:

Then the rule should be removed, which is up to the mods. We don't get to pick and choose what applies based on if we like it or not.

Jimmyvonviggle
04-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Then the rule should be removed, which is up to the mods. We don't get to pick and choose what applies based on if we like it or not.

I think the rule is good as long as it is not abused. If there are many bumps such as "good guy" or "nice car" then I agree it doesn't add to the thread. But if someone is adding something constructive or beneficial to a future buyer, such as the professor did, then I think we should let it go.

PB Co
04-10-2014, 01:28 PM
What's your timeframe on the sale? I have test driven a few project DMC 12s in the past year, but with good credit financing is an option for me.

I'm not too far away but won't have a chance to get up there for a few weeks.

tommyrich
05-11-2014, 12:57 PM
The car "NO FLUX" has been sold. :thumbup: