PDA

View Full Version : I have decieded to retire from the Delorean forums.

Chris Burns
03-04-2014, 06:19 PM
It's been a fun 8 years, but time to go away from the forums.

JohnZ
03-04-2014, 06:27 PM
what the heck??

:confused:

Soundkillr
03-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Chris shoot me a pm when you get a chance.....

Michael
03-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Chris shoot me a pm when you get a chance.....

Me too.

Dangermouse
03-04-2014, 07:08 PM
WTH.

You are one of the stalwarts of this place Chris.

I'm sure you are doing the right thing for your circumstances though. Hope everything is alright.

(Thought it was odd that the deloreans4sale page had gone. A valuable resource gone IMHO)

Good luck and come back and visit some time

Kenny_Z
03-04-2014, 08:34 PM
You're the nicest guy on the forums, Chris. This place won't be the same. I do hope you'll be back.

thirdmanj
03-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Me too.

Me three!

Andy
03-05-2014, 02:33 AM
And why the sudden change? DeLoreans are your heart and passion ...

DeLorean03
03-05-2014, 07:08 AM
Interesting. I've been unfriended on FB too...

Everything all right, Chris?

thirdmanj
03-05-2014, 07:20 AM
Interesting. I've been unfriended on FB too...

Everything all right, Chris?

OMG! Must be serious.
Chris!! Don't do anything rash!

dmcnorway
03-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Come on Chris, you must be joking! We need someone like you!
First I thought you were just kidding and being ironic...

Stian Birkeland

Dangermouse
03-05-2014, 09:35 AM
To paraphrase another thread:

"You know you are obsessed with DeLoreans if you know who Jammer96 is" or was. :thumbup:

Domi
03-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Come back soon to the community, we'll miss you ;)

LordFly
03-05-2014, 03:14 PM
(Thought it was odd that the deloreans4sale page had gone. A valuable resource gone IMHO)

Good luck and come back and visit some time

Agreed 100%!! I actually used the hell out of that when I was buying my car! I must have look at 50 or so postings Chris had up. I didn't buy one of those one specifically, but it was a MAJOR help in determining the value of the car I did buy! If it weren't for Chris, I likely would have paid more than it was worth.

A loss the the DeLorean community for sure!

ccurzio
03-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Best of luck to you, and you're always welcome back when you decide to return.

DashEight
03-05-2014, 06:41 PM
It's good to unplug at times. We all lived without the Internet at one point and it wasn't that bad from what I remember. Good luck man.

louielouie2000
03-05-2014, 07:29 PM
It's good to unplug at times. We all lived without the Internet at one point and it wasn't that bad from what I remember. Good luck man.

Agreed. I've taken extended breaks from the DeLorean community in the past, and it's been very good for me. I recently got rid of facebook... one of the best things I've ever done. Sometimes it's good to step back & pare things from our lives that aren't relevant, or are causing undue stress.

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say Chris is feeling down regarding his lack of a DeLorean. I've certainly been there. I hope he comes back when he's ready. His enthusiasm is a great asset to our small community.

thirdmanj
03-05-2014, 07:34 PM
If I were to hazard a guess, I would say Chris is feeling down regarding his lack of a DeLorean.

I'd think you were wrong.

JohnZ
03-06-2014, 03:40 AM
I recently got rid of facebook... one of the best things I've ever done.

Me too! You start to see things in a very different way! Especially the internet and the whole "internet crowd"!

C'mon Chris, come back soon!

:grouphugg:

Josh
03-06-2014, 11:06 AM
To paraphrase another thread:

"You know you are obsessed with DeLoreans if you know who Jammer96 is" or was. :thumbup:

hahaha yep!

DMCVegas
03-06-2014, 11:14 AM
http://williambeem.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Come-Back-Soon.jpg

Don't take any guff from these swine. If you have any trouble, remember, you can always send a telegram to the Right People.

We'll be here for ya.

thirdmanj
03-06-2014, 11:28 AM
http://williambeem.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Come-Back-Soon.jpg

Don't take any guff from these swine. If you have any trouble, remember, you can always send a telegram to the Right People.

We'll be here for ya.

What's a telegram?
So Chris, what kinda pension this retirement got?

Hopefully we'll see you in the future ...or the past.

ALEXAKOS
03-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Chris! Check your calender. April fools day is on April 1st! :eek7:
This has got to be a joke!

JohnZ
03-06-2014, 02:48 PM
It's not about needing something that don't exist no more, like his facebook page (I admit in my days of pursuit I looked at it several times a day)... but it's about losing a fearless and supportive enthusiast! I don't like it!

:(

Ikeaboy1
03-06-2014, 08:48 PM
I'll miss your postings! Come back soon!

Michael
03-07-2014, 11:26 AM
The Today board's attitude against non owners might be the reason. Starts here and ends two pages later:

http://dmctoday.com/showthread.php?498-They-run-a-tight-ship-over-on-that-other-forum/page7

Totally 80s
03-07-2014, 11:34 AM
The Today board's attitude against non owners might be the reason. Starts here and ends two pages later:

http://dmctoday.com/showthread.php?498-They-run-a-tight-ship-over-on-that-other-forum/page7

How could this be possible? These posts were done AFTER he decided to quit the forum.

Also I read all the pages and didn't see anything against "non-owners". Specifically they were questioning why he was unable to save any money for a Delorean. At least that's how I read it. Perhaps I missed something.

SamHill
03-07-2014, 11:35 AM

We should buy Chris Burns a Delorean.

NightFlyer
03-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Michael is just envious because he's not on DMCToday :cool1:

opethmike
03-07-2014, 11:53 AM
DMCToday, where we act exactly like what we say we don't like about Talk.

SamHill
03-07-2014, 11:57 AM
DMCToday, where we act exactly like what we say we don't like about Talk.

Aw, don't get all stompyfeet.

opethmike
03-07-2014, 11:58 AM
Aw, don't get all stompyfeet.

*hugs Sam*

Michael
03-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Michael is just envious because he's not on DMCToday :cool1:

I just know today is full of hypocrites as you yourself said on that very site that you were "done with talk" and we're not going to post here anymore....that was months ago and here you still are...and one of the more frequent voices at that. At least Chad and Lou have stood by their words.

Ryan
03-07-2014, 12:12 PM
I never understood all the fuss over Chris Burns. He loves the car but can't afford one? YouTube comments give me the impression that it's fairly common. It's not like DeLoreans are ridiculously expensive, either. I see no reason why he couldn't have saved up the money to buy one in the time he's been in the "community." For someone who wants to learn everything about the car, a $5,000.00 project car would be perfect and requires you to save less than $1,000.00 a year. Then all his friends could have tech days to help him fix it.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Granted, what do I know? I only managed to buy my first DeLorean as a gift to myself for my 18th birthday because I wanted one and worked to obtain it.

Apparently, "get another job" or "start a savings fund" isn't something that crossed his mind.

Chad is so right. While we're at it, what's the deal with people who live in poverty? Why don't they just stop being poor? :rolleyes1:

thirdmanj
03-07-2014, 12:13 PM
I just know today is full of hypocrites as you yourself said on that very site that you were "done with talk" and we're not going to post here anymore....that was months ago and here you still are...and one of the more frequent voices at that. At least Chad and Lou have stood by their words.

Awww, now you gone and dun it, Michael. Stand by for three pages of EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE of how wrong you are. Best start wading through the archives of old Nightflyer posts to find exactly where he typed that.

DMCVegas
03-07-2014, 12:17 PM
How could this be possible? These posts were done AFTER he decided to quit the forum.

Also I read all the pages and didn't see anything against "non-owners". Specifically they were questioning why he was unable to save any money for a Delorean. At least that's how I read it. Perhaps I missed something.

It's referencing the general attitude of the group over there. Very telling. Chad complains about being made fun of and a pack mentality of others joining in. Then they all turn around and do the same thing to Chris Burns. Congrats to them I suppose, they've all become what they've hated for so long. Likewise in the recent thread with "Loo and Boo". He said he was offended and wanted an explanation. So, I did just that. Gave both an explanation and an apology if I offended him. The problem with acknowledging that though is that it neutralizes the argument he keeps stating, so of course he doesn't. Just decided to run away.

BTW, if MattDavid is looking for me and wants to talk, it's dmcvegas [at] gmail dot com. I keep my contacts simple.

thirdmanj
03-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Chad is so right. While we're at it, what's the deal with people who live in poverty? Why don't they just stop being poor? :rolleyes1:

Gotta love his signature, though.

opethmike
03-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Robert, may I have a hug, please?

SamHill
03-07-2014, 12:43 PM
I am bemused by the outpouring of love and support for Chris Burns, I admit it. Mr. Burns apparently has something against me and anyone else that does not adhere to acceptable standards of mechanical purity. Additionally, the Kumbaya chorus is just wierd.

DMCVegas
03-07-2014, 12:59 PM
Robert, may I have a hug, please?

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1199525/brnhug.gif

opethmike
03-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Yay hug!

Ryan
03-07-2014, 01:22 PM
Gotta love his signature, though.

Hah, indeed.

NightFlyer
03-07-2014, 01:39 PM
Not that I need to explain myself, but seeing as how others here are apparently obsessed with me and follow my plights across forums, which is quite flattering, but also somewhat creepy, I'm more than happy to humor those with such curious minds. :thankyou:

My prior beefs with Talk had to do with inconsistent standards of moderation. I was invited back by the Will Riker of this site after he agreed and admitted that I was previously unfairly moderated. I was also assured that things would be different going forward in regards to the moderation, and they have been. There were also several members of this forum who asked me in PMs to come back.

So, I am presently enjoying both forums, thank you very much. If this makes me a hypocrite, then so be it. :clown:

As for my friends over on Today, well, Steve admits right in his forum status title that he's an "uncensored hypocrite." :monkeys:

I really don't see how anyone else is over there, but to each there own.

Cheerio :rock_on:

opethmike
03-07-2014, 01:43 PM
I think you could use a hug, Nightflyer.

DMCVegas
03-07-2014, 01:50 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/43871935.jpg

NightFlyer
03-07-2014, 01:52 PM

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs5/i/2004/285/7/c/i_need_a_hug_by_mathieub.jpg

cyberflexx
03-07-2014, 02:29 PM
I dont know Chris or Lou as I am new here.. but thought I would join in with the hugs...

Rich_NYS
03-07-2014, 02:57 PM
I dont know Chris or Lou as I am new here.. but thought I would join in with the hugs...

hahaha..!!

hollywood2311
04-14-2014, 01:42 AM
Agreed. I've taken extended breaks from the DeLorean community in the past, and it's been very good for me. I recently got rid of facebook... one of the best things I've ever done. Sometimes it's good to step back & pare things from our lives that aren't relevant, or are causing undue stress.

I was wondering where you went to. I was thinking "Louie unfriended me!", then I couldn't find you again. Now if I could just find Jeff...

Kenny_Z
04-14-2014, 02:35 PM
I've never understood how Facebook causes stress. I post if I want, read up on my friends and family if I want, otherwise it's just background noise. It someone posts something I don't like I hide or skip it.

Jonathan
04-14-2014, 04:39 PM
I've never understood how Facebook causes stress. I post if I want, read up on my friends and family if I want, otherwise it's just background noise. It someone posts something I don't like I hide or skip it.

Primarily because we are only seeing life through our own eyes. None of us can possibly understand what it is someone else has gone through in life to this point. It sounds like you have a good understanding of why FB doesn't cause you stress, however, there are all kinds of reasons why it can cause stress for someone else. What works for one does not always work for another. The one size fits all approach doesn't help in the search for what can make a stress free or happy life. Keeping an open mind and being grateful if you've found your solution can though.

pezzonovante88
04-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Primarily because we are only seeing life through our own eyes. None of us can possibly understand what it is someone else has gone through in life to this point. It sounds like you have a good understanding of why FB doesn't cause you stress, however, there are all kinds of reasons why it can cause stress for someone else. What works for one does not always work for another. The one size fits all approach doesn't help in the search for what can make a stress free or happy life. Keeping an open mind and being grateful if you've found your solution can though.

+1

Kenny_Z
04-15-2014, 07:03 AM
Looking back I see where it was insensitive. I like using Facebook because I'd rather see these people through the virtual world instead of in person. I'm constantly hounded over avoiding social gatherings because people don't understand me. I fell into the same trap and I apologize for that.

Rich_NYS
04-15-2014, 08:47 AM

Makes sense to me....:cheers: