PDA

View Full Version : Frame & Body Front end recall kit installed - noticable improvement!

DeLorean
07-24-2011, 05:54 AM
I did this install last weekend before an extensive drive, and I must say, it is a nice improvement in the feel pf the car. Although my car did have the castellated ball joints, the sway bar bolt doubler & the sway bar bracket doubler, it did not have the frame reinforcement brackets.

The install was simple, everything lined up fairly easily and went right on.

Jonathan
07-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Sweet! I put my front end recall kit on at the beginning of last spring and thought it tightened things up nicely too. Like you, I just did the reinforcement brackets with their new bolts. Remind me how I would tell about those other parts? I still have the other fittings in a bag somewhere but was never sure if I needed them nor how to put them in? Are they marked sort of like how the cars are supposed to have the red or blue paint dot in the engine bay? I have the red paint dot, but wondered if there was something I could visually inspect on the front end to tell if this was already done? Thanks!

DeLorean
07-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Well the ball joint bolts should be fairly obvious, if you have castellated nuts already that have cotter pins, recall already done. Apparently there was some recall that included defective nuts... so you might want to swap those anyway (I did)

The sway bar doubler bolts are also fairly obvious. If you have 2 bolts bolting your sway bar to your control arm, you have the recall there, but you can always remove and replace em.

Also, the sway bar bushing brackets that are included eliminate the "doubler bracket" on those, as the sway bar brackets that are included are significantly more robust than the original units.

Also, I locktighted everything, and didn't bother to use the sway bar bushing bracket locking tabs, cause they were all rusty and I'd trust the locktight more than those anyway.