PDA

View Full Version : General wiring

andy blackmon
04-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Inside the relay section there is a small brown and white wire that has two brown wires spliced to it .These two brown wires run under my center console to the front of the car, one of the is fastened to the purple pink wire at the RH door switch and the other is running to the LH door switch, I do not find these on the lay out of the door switches so what are they? Every thing works at both door but what is the purpose of these two wires?

Bitsyncmaster
04-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Does the splice look factory or like a PO added it? Is it brown tracer.....White/brown wire?

DMCMW Dave
04-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Sounds to me like someone was bypassing a bad diode in the lighting circuit (assuming the brown-white is really purple-white).

andy blackmon
04-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Yes I would say this splice was factory or 7 years ago when DMCH did several thousand dollar of work it is something they did. Only 3 people have worked on this car the factory, Houston and me. This is a very light gauge brown and white wire coming out of a harness at the rear of the relay/electric area. The two 18 gauge brown wires are spliced and heat shunk very well done. The two brown goes under the console to the front of the car, one is hooked to the purple/pink at the right door switch the other goes to the left door switch. AS I said everything works like it should I just do not know why this wiring was done. Any idea of what that brown/white wire is?

Bitsyncmaster
04-01-2014, 07:40 PM
I did a quick scan of the schematic and did not see any brown/white wires. Saw a few white/brown wires.

DMCMW Dave
04-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Yes I would say this splice was factory or 7 years ago when DMCH did several thousand dollar of work it is something they did. Only 3 people have worked on this car the factory, Houston and me. This is a very light gauge brown and white wire coming out of a harness at the rear of the relay/electric area. The two 18 gauge brown wires are spliced and heat shunk very well done. The two brown goes under the console to the front of the car, one is hooked to the purple/pink at the right door switch the other goes to the left door switch. AS I said everything works like it should I just do not know why this wiring was done. Any idea of what that brown/white wire is?

Did, or does, the car have an alarm? This is typical of door sensor wiring.

andy blackmon
04-02-2014, 09:37 PM
Yes, I do have a alarm system installed by DMCH and I think you are right this must be what these two brown are. As I said everything work so I will follow the old adage " if it ain't broke don't fix it"
Andy B