PDA

View Full Version : General Almost Done! Few questions for the gurus

Jeff K
04-01-2014, 02:48 PM
Hopefully we will be starting it this weekend!

A few questions.

The line on the rear bulkhead, drivers side. I guess it goes to the hot water valve (see pic) and connects with a silicone hose.
Is that correct?
Also, the new starter has one less wire then the stock Paris Rhone. Do I need to connect it? If so where?

Lastly, what spark plugs (and gap) are recommended now with the stock coil

Thanks!
Jeff

1batt4u
04-02-2014, 11:15 AM
Hopefully we will be starting it this weekend!

A few questions.

The line on the rear bulkhead, drivers side. I guess it goes to the hot water valve (see pic) and connects with a silicone hose.
Is that correct?
Also, the new starter has one less wire then the stock Paris Rhone. Do I need to connect it? If so where?

Lastly, what spark plugs (and gap) are recommended now with the stock coil

Thanks!
Jeff

You are correct on the little hose connecting to the hot water valve.

Not sure about starter wire.

Bitsyncmaster
04-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Connect the extra blue/yellow wire to the white/red wire. That will give you the added spark when cranking the engine. Some people just leave the blue/yellow wire not connected.

jerzybondov
04-02-2014, 11:55 AM
I just fitted a new, smaller starter in the place of the original Paris-Rhone. Does the new one have spade connectors? If so you'll need to cut and recrimp the red wire and the white wire with spade connectors, and put one on each of the spade-pins on the new solenoid. Get a multimeter and check which of the pins has continuity with the starter motor body - the one that does gets the red wire from your loom, the other spade pin takes the wire that previously connected into that bullet connector on the wire that came out of the old solenoid (i.e. the white/blue one).

Jeff K
04-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Great - thanks everyone!

I'll post pics this weekend.

or shoot myself if it doesn't start! :mallet:
Jef