PDA

View Full Version : General Boilermaker/ mechanic

andy blackmon
04-01-2014, 07:13 PM
For 50 years i worked as a Boilermaker, we use welding leads, hammers, torches, chain falls, and heavy tools, I was quite good at it. For the last 5 days I have worked on the wiring of my Delorean (fish out of water). If you have followed my post you know I have several burned wires, a blower that did not work on 4th speed and a radio that did not play. I am proud to report that all of these issues have been put to bed, radio plays, blower blows and all burned wire replaced . Working on the A pillar post is a pita the moral of this post is to tell all of you who need wiring done ---hey jump on it ---heck if a Boilermaker can fit this little stuff I am sure you can. I went to the heat and beat to fit school this does not work on wiring a car. I wish to thank the many people who gave me advice on what to do next with your knowledge and my limited skills the car is now ready for the next project,
Andy Blackmon03513

NightFlyer
04-01-2014, 07:20 PM
That's GREAT - glad to hear that you were able to get all of your wiring issues sorted and resolved :thumbup:

Notifier
04-01-2014, 08:17 PM
I hear where you are coming from, Andy. I work with a bunch of pipe fitters who's motto is if it's leaking, not working, or making a noise, hit it with a pipe wrench. If it's still doing it, hit it again. I work in the electrical side of our shop and you can't take that same philosophy with electrics. Just take your time and it will all work out!